don't click here

My Sonic the hedgehog/Sonic Team collection... ALMOST COMPLETE!

Print

Author Topic: My Sonic the hedgehog/Sonic Team collection... ALMOST COMPLETE!  (Read 17506 times)

Offline frozen

Regards! im a sonic speedrunner but im a collector first... and i want share with this community my little(over 400 piece) collection of sonic team/sonic games! Im getting australian,portugal and europe version for pal, Canadian and NTSC version for america and all japanes alternative version too... with asians,korean and arcade/unlicensed game.  if someone want help me, i need a canadian fan who can give me the last 3 game i miss(sonic 1,2 and spinball canadian version). So... here we go!

Offline theultimategamer95

• Your typical speed runner
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • I am the ultimate!
    • View Profile
Re: My Sonic the hedgehog/Sonic Team collection... ALMOST COMPLETE!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 02:47:20 am »
Dayum... not gonna lie, I'm actually pretty fucking impressed with this collection. Really wish it was mine tbh... :P
Big congratz for when you get those last couple of games man! Must be a pretty amazing achievement having a collection this nice.
My Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/theultimategamer95

My PSN = greatgamer83

My Skype = theultimategamer95

Offline frozen

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 05:46:11 am »
Dayum... not gonna lie, I'm actually pretty fucking impressed with this collection. Really wish it was mine tbh... :P
Big congratz for when you get those last couple of games man! Must be a pretty amazing achievement having a collection this nice.
thanks so much, i love sonic, and i prove by collecting anything of him. Here in Italy there's no many items, not very popular, so for me it's hard find anything about him ç.ç

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 07:15:09 pm »
Wow, that’s an amazing collection you have there. :O As UG95 said, it must be very nice to have that.

It’s very interesting to see what everything (or as near as dammit :P) from the Sonic franchise looks like when put together like that. No doubt, this must have taken you a long while to do (especially based in a country where all this is harder to get hold of).

I wish you all the best, on your quest for your remaining games!

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 10:13:52 am »
Mighty fine collection you've built up here, what eye candy!
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline Terramax

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023, 12:02:56 am »
Impressive collection to say the least. I really like that you have the older games from the Master System era, as Sonic 1 MS is how it all began for me (I'm guessing 1991), and really wish I had kept all of my Sega MS and GG stuff.

Not sure if I could have a collection like that though. Firstly, I think the wife would have a problem with me spending the money, second, no space in our small apartment and three, being a minimalist and someone used to having no choice but to sell stuff often in the past, I would be too tempted to sell off stuff if I saw that the value went way higher than what I paid for it.

I was thinking about doing my own Sonic Team collecting many years back. Right from Sonic 1, right up until Billy Hatcher. It was after that game that I think the development studio fell from grace - where their creativity started to falter. But, the reasons above prevented me from doing that collecting, long term. Also, not sure I'd buy multiple versions of the same game, as they wouldn't get used.

Right now, I'm looking to just collect my favourite Sonic titles, in their best versions, along with the odd Sonic trinket that I find on Amazon. I have a few keychains, a rail card holder, and thinking to get a plushie for my son, or a figurine of Sonic to put on my desk. But most of the figurines are based off of his newer designs, or are of bad quality, when I'd really like one that was reminiscent of Sonic 1 or Sonic CD.

One question I do have is; do you have any fond memories related to any of the memorabilia that you hold? Back in the UK, I still have my original Sonic and tails cuddly toys somewhere. I've had them since around 1994, I think, and a lot of memories taking them with me places, etc.

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2023, 05:56:32 pm »
few keychains, a rail card holder
I'd be curious to see these if you're able to take a pic :P

I did have a Tails plushie back in the day that I got from one of those claw grabber machines, and also a Sonic t-shirt, those were the days...
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline Terramax

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2023, 08:45:15 am »
Double post. Please delete if possible.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 08:56:09 am by Terramax »

Offline Terramax

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2023, 08:54:55 am »
Here is my Sonic stuff, other than games. A few key chains have broken in the past, as they get abused on the trains every day. I regret selling off my official Sonic the Hedgehog Official Yearbook of 1991/92, as I had fond memories of it as a kid. Maybe I'll rebuy that.

As you can see, I'm only interested in the classic Sonic stuff. Sonic died with everything after the Dreamcast era. I get why they changed the design to fit with the times, but the too cool for school aesthetics along with the annoying voice acting and, frankly, dumb story lines turned me off Sonic for quite a while, with only Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and the Sacred Rings being the redeeming titles. It wasn't until Sonic Mania that I was finally properly on board with the franchise again after about a decade of alienation. But I digress, and no offense to anyone who loves those later titles.

Oh, yeah, and I do actually use most of this stuff. I work as a kids teacher in Japan, and I'm well known among my students as a Sonic fan. Kids find me more relatable for having a liking for a character as much as they like their Pokemon, Kirby, Kimitsu no Yaiba, Doraemon, etc.
I have more pairs of Sonic socks too. But can't be bothered to find them to take photos. Not like anyone is desperate to see them.
And, yeah, I find it hard to justify spending money on Sonic stuff unless I actually use it for something. I am tempted to buy one of those Sonic toy sets, as I always wanted a Sonic figurine when I was a kid, so buying one now would be like finally fulfilling a childhood dream. But 6500 - 8500 yen for just a bit of plastic is just a bit too much, especially as my son has just been born.

Anyway, that's enough indulging I guess. Would love if anyone else out here has Sonic memorabilia and has stories to tell for with them.

Also, can't find my rail card holder, but it's basically this one:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07H356XDV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Print

Hits: 1,027 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.