don't click here

S4E2 Boss - Separate rankings for iOS and others

Print

Author Topic: S4E2 Boss - Separate rankings for iOS and others  (Read 9139 times)

Offline mathman

S4E2 Boss - Separate rankings for iOS and others
« on: May 28, 2017, 04:42:53 pm »
It's pretty well known that bosses on iOS take fewer hits than the other versions.  This is coming from an iOS player who has benefited greatly from this (#1 on Sylvania Castle, and unsubmitted #1 White Park score + time).  I don't think it's fair to the other players.

I won't name the player, but he has times and scores for everything in S4E2 except for the boss battles.  I know he plays on iOS because I see him on Game Center.

Offline SB737

Re: S4E2 Boss - Separate rankings for iOS and others
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 08:17:19 am »
There are quite a few games where different versions of a game are more advantageous, Generations console has glitches that can't be done on PC, and pretty sure Sonic Adventure has dreamcast only glitches. So if it's better for you to post iOS stats then go ahead, as it's the same policy for every game. Only time games get separate charts is when it's a completely different game that plays significantly different, not with ports (e.g Sonic 1 2013 and Sonic 1 GBA have their own charts).

Hope that clears up your question. I think if games started getting version specific charts then things would start to get a bit messy, and each chart would have less stars due to it being over more versions.
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Print

Hits: 207 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 987.50 KB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.