Welcome Center > News and Updates

Administrator Title Change

(1/20) > >>

Thorn:
After much thought, I've decided to pass the torch of Head Admin on to the next person. I've been sliding out of touch with the speedrunning community as of late and haven't had the motivation to work with the site. I also don't have the knowledge of all 52 games and two DLC expansions on the site that I need to in order to separate valid BS calls from invalid ones nor do I have the power to fix some issues on the site. I don't get to see any of the social scene on TSC anymore, as it's moved off-site into smaller pockets in which I don't get involved unless called for. When I do get called for, it's typically not for good things; for example, I've recently watched old friends go at each other's throats over events tied to the site. All of this has been a bit much to deal with (and frankly makes me come off more than a bit whiny when all I experience is the negatives), so I think it's time that I give my title to people more willing to invest time into the site with a positive attitude.

As GerbilSoft currently has the most power on the site, he will carry the Head Admin title from here forward.

Thank you to everybody who's been pleasant and helpful during my time heading the site.

Starlight_Glimmer:
Of course being the head admin of tsc you are also the head punching bag, if things go wrong, we need/want blame you. we need to blame someone right? to avoid blaming ourselves. I think I speak for everyone when I say we dont want you to go though? can we at least vote on it?

Parax:
You guys may as well remove me from admin status too. I haven't really been a part of TSC since dropping out of IRC which isn't really fair to the community, and honestly I feel like I've gotten to the point of moving on from this site.

Starlight_Glimmer:
Im personally disgusted by everyone who's viewed this and not posted their thoughts.

we really dont want thorn and parax to leave, if you dont have site leaders, you really do have a dead site. I cant force anyone to encourage them to stay, but everyone should show them support in staying.

you came to this site all the days you wanted to, they came all the days that "needed/had" to. its a big difference, and shouldn't go unnoticed.

FocusSight64:
Well, you've done a lot here Thorn. I can understand where you're coming from, and I wish you the best wherever you go.

To be honest, I'm surprised Parax hasn't done this earlier. It's been quite a long time since you've done anything on the site, frankly. Anyways, you've still dedicated a lot to the site and I hope the best of you in whatever game you decide to run next (you're the only reason I'm on the site, in all honesty. I really do need to thank you).

I'm hoping Gerbil will be up to the task of handling head admin, which (I assume) would mean needing to be more active in areas other than the site's development/programming. We'll see where it goes from here.

S&A:

I wouldn't say the site is dead. Parax was basically inactive for more than a year, and the site went along fine without one of their main admins. (Fine in a clinical sense, there may have been more tension that I'm not aware of) While, yes, this is big, it already happened for a short amount of time back in 2014, no? I think the site will get along fine. Gerbil, while not very active on the forums, is decently active on IRC and making sure that the site is functioning as normal. Flying Fox, from my experiences with talking to her, is still trying to get used to the position. I still feel like in the long run, she'll be fine. Zeupar is one of the best admins I know. He knows when to be casual and when not to be. He's one of those people made to run a site like this (or any group). It's not like TSC will collapse within the next few days or anything. This happens a lot to many sites, many groups, many businesses. Things will go on just fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version