don't click here

S3K: Single segment full game real time ring runs.

Print

Author Topic: S3K: Single segment full game real time ring runs.  (Read 3408 times)

S3K: Single segment full game real time ring runs.
« on: December 27, 2014, 10:34:24 am »
So I get that TSC is more about IL's and getting as much out of them as possible, and maybe single segment runs are a better fit for SDA, but right now their S3K section is strictly speedruns, and at the same time this place is pretty much The place where people go to practice ring attacking.

So what do you think about the potential of single segment RA's? Could it ever really become a thing, or is such a thing too hard and not enough people are willing to compete?

The existing rules for ILs would have to be changed a little to make the concept work, of course.

To see even one legit submission I think would be amazing just based on the amount of practice it would surely take to perform. In speedrunning there's a lot of impressive moments and difficult tricks they use, this would be the same but on a larger scale.

Offline PvtCinnamonbun

Re: S3K: Single segment full game real time ring runs.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 10:46:29 am »
You said it yourself, TSC is about ILs. If there isn't an in-game time, this website ignores it.

That being said, I'd be interested in watching it. TSC is probably the best place to coordinate such a project given the knowledge base, though I'm not entirely sure what the end goal is. Are you just doing RAs in a single sitting or are you stitching together a bunch of ILs?

Re: S3K: Single segment full game real time ring runs.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 11:00:16 am »
Single sitting would be ideal.

Print

Hits: 190 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 987.96 KB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.