don't click here

Topic 5 - What's your WORST stat on TSC?

Print

Author Topic: Topic 5 - What's your WORST stat on TSC?  (Read 9215 times)

Offline hfactor66

Topic 5 - What's your WORST stat on TSC?
« on: December 22, 2014, 01:54:57 pm »
So far in this series we've mainly been talking about the good runs we've had in our TSC careers, this time lets switch it up. What do you consider to be your absolute worst stat on TSC?

Mine would have to be the Chaos Angel boss on Sonic Advance 3. I thought my time was pretty good, just under a minute, then I compared it to the rest, and I was like "damn, I suck at this boss…" I haven't gone back to improve it yet, hopefully I'll get around to doing that soon.

What's yours?

Come back every day until New Years for new forum topics! :)
Rings are my specialty.

Offline Starlight_Glimmer

Re: Topic 5 - What's your WORST stat on TSC?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 02:26:09 pm »
easy, sonic rush night carnival boss with sonic, this is the source of all my evil. Everyone can get a good time except for me, even my blaze time is faster. This boss is mean; if you go to fast you lose, go to slow you lose, lose lose lose. I think this boss is a scam, and probably should be removed from the charts.

edit: and that turtle thing the boss drops is an asshole too.
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

Offline Softspeak

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 03:58:18 pm »
Twinkle Snow boss in SAdva3. You try to climb up some platforms and drop them on Eggman's head. Climb too slow, you die. Try to climb too fast, you hit some sort of ceiling and maybe die as a result. Overshoot a jump, you probably die. Run off the platform without getting a jump off, you definitely die. Oh, and watch out for the spike ball when it comes. The one redeeming aspect of this fight is that it's entirely non-random. But there's not much room for error.

I was pretty happy to finish a run sub-50. Then I decided that I'd watch (most of) mike89's 100% run of the game on SDA again. When he did the Twinkle Snow boss, I saw that my strat was actually pretty weak. I had the spike ball after hits 4 and 7. I think he managed to get only one spike ball attack, which saved about five seconds; this, in the same run as finding all the lost Chao, collecting all seven Chaos Emeralds, and beating Nonaggression! All the worse for my opinion of my own time, to see video footage of how I could've done it better. I'm not coming back here yet, too fresh in my mind.

Offline RigidatoMS

• A big fan of SA2B
  • TSC: Omega Rafael Santos
  • win10 chrome
  • I used to be so childish years ago... I'm sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 05:00:20 pm »
Emerald Hill 2 and Aquatic Ruin 1 scores in Sonic 2 2013. No deal with score attacks.
My Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl85g5j2ERbADAhTeiYVEOg
Discord: RigidatoMS#6257

Offline Vixuzen

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 05:58:41 pm »
All races in Sonic Adventure series and Special Stages in Sonic Heroes. I hate them and I have no idea how to get better stats on them.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 06:46:10 pm »
Here, I'll give one from the 3 games I've competed in:

Sonic Adventure DX – (Excluding Amy's Zero out of this, because Dreamcast). Well, it used to be Tails Icecap - Times, but got lucky that an OoB trick made the level much easier. Answering this now, I'd say Amy's Final Egg - Times. Amy's movements doesn't come to me naturally, and I lose seconds on this stage without having a clue how....and to top everything theres a dumb random door on this stage that ends most runs, so in the end I couldn't be arsed and took the checkpoint.

Sonic Advance – Moon Zoon. Mainly due to the time it took for me to get it, for only a yellow. I really didn’t want a green stat on my times sheet, but this took me well over half an hour >_<

Sonic Advance 2: Though all bosses was a struggle for me, picking one that stands out as particularly bad, wasn't hard. TrueArea53. I can barely beat that fucking thing, let alone being competitive. Unfortunately I've ranked horribly here   http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_advance_2/bosses/true_area_53/sonic :(

[Sep'16 edit: Reading back, noticed this was horribly out of date...so fixed it up]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:43:29 pm by DarkPolarNight »

Offline SqwareEcks

• Always a day late and a buck short
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 10:00:04 pm »
Finalhazard on Sonic Adventure 2. It's my only blue time stat in SA2, it's been there since I joined the site and I just can't work up the motivation to improve it. It just isn't any fun. The boss always has its lasers in exactly the right spot to block me and half the time I hit the sores it doesn't cause damage. At least with the Biolizard there's the homing attack trick to make the fight somewhat interesting.
My life needs a rewind/erase button.
-Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 04:51:29 am »
Hmm, this is an interesting topic... I could pick a lot of records that I didn't really spend much time on, but I think picking a record that I tried a bit more on for a game I spent a long time on would be better. So, I think this record probably is my worst stat on TSC, for the amount of effort put into it vs. its place on the chart.

http://www.soniccenter.org/members/pokemonmaster888/sonic_heroes/special/special_stage_7/bonus

This is not a very good score, and is in the green tier. I will improve it sometime, but for the time I spent playing that level vs. the place I am in, it is not good at all. Special stages in Sonic Heroes are interesting, but the controls make them odd to play. I don't really have a better record to bring up for this subject, so I will settle on that one for now.

Print

Hits: 844 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.