don't click here

TSC Marathon 2014

Print

Author Topic: TSC Marathon 2014  (Read 80663 times)

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Marathon 2014
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2014, 10:47:39 pm »
Just give me an estimate, what team you're using, any donation incentives and I'll add you to the list.
I... don't have anything just yet, but I'll be sure to have something concrete before July.  I would have started derusting earlier, but I've been sick the past few days so I'm just kinda getting back into the groove right now.

I will see if I can get a new game run done though.  It's not really a game that I can go "okay, let's go with X team for the whole game" since there's a few curveballs (Ocean Base, to a lesser extent Chaos Angel) and it's nice to get some variety in.
Hi

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2014, 11:29:10 pm »
Stream?!  pls

Also guess this takes me down to only having to run Advance 1/2 unless someone wants to do Advance 1.  I still need to do a run to get an estimate for that.
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline DGF

• WildCard Speedster
  • TSC: DarkGravityFlames
  • win10 chrome
  • Code S.O.L, Azure Grimrore ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2014, 11:37:23 pm »
When I do Sonic Generations in August, I'll say due to me playing on the PS3 (1 hour and 20 minutes) due to loading times. I would play on PC but seaside hill lags for me -___-
My Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9TztQrHz0nwzfSZZFoYOVA
PSN = ChaosKnight_56
Steam: TerumiTrueAzure

Championship(s) Held: Sonic Generations
Current Records: Overdrift Challenge , Terror from the Deep, Death egg robot (Hard), Vector's Mission

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2014, 11:39:02 pm »
Stream practice is definitely gonna happen this month too, but I need to get a bunch of stuff sorted out first.
Hi

Offline flying fox

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2014, 07:54:50 pm »
Spoken to the majority of people on here and most of them have said either cancer charity or don't mind. So yeah going with cancer charity again.

Offline Paused

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2014, 12:11:28 pm »
You got a link to your stream for this Advance 3 practice Taillow?

Offline Taillow

• Broseidon
  • win81 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2014, 01:22:05 am »
Woo, so I've been getting practice done but I haven't set up stream attempts yet.  Need to grab my stuff for that, but once I feel I have the first two zones down well enough I'll do a test stream.

For those who don't know it's twitch.tv/taillow, but I haven't done anything yet.  Soon, though.
Hi

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2014, 09:00:24 pm »
I hadn't realized this was here.

I'd be willing to run Sonic: Lost World 3DS through Story Mode. As stated in the other thread, I'm still practicing not sucking learning the right paths and what-not. I currently do not have an estimated time of completion but I would imagine about 2 Hours max.

Unrelated, Tailow streaming is the best thing ever.
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2014, 09:31:11 pm »
Hello!

I specifically made a account to ask a question regarding your charity runs,

My name is Joe, and I am a huge Sonic the hedgehog fan.  I became legally blind back in 2012 and playing video games became extremely difficult. (However I still manage to make my way through a Sonic game with much effort) I started my own charity that raises awareness and funds for  individuals with rare disabilities and disease.
It has recently been approved by state government to operate as a charity and soon to be 501c3.

I was wondering if we could work together on one of your Marathons, I would love to work with you guys and will help provide donation incentives.

I thought it would be a fun and unique idea and I love what you guys do and I love Sonic!

If you want to learn more about myself and my charity please visits, www.dreamscapefoundation.com

EDIT : Also please do not hesitate to reach out to ask me any questions about myself and or the charity I would glady answer.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:39:12 pm by Jsonicguy »

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2014, 08:39:02 am »
Wow, thanks for taking the time to visit us, Joe!

I'm not exactly sure how everyone else feels, and I'm of course in no position to make the call, but I'm pretty sure most of us who are participating wouldn't mind switching over to your charity, since we didn't have much of a better idea besides ACS.

That said, schedules might be written fairly soon. If you actually do want to take up one of the marathons yourself, you should get in touch with Flying Fox, by sending her a PM or visiting the chatroom while she's online.

She may very well see this thread and reply before you get the chance, though. :P

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2014, 11:54:42 am »

I'm not exactly sure how everyone else feels, and I'm of course in no position to make the call, but I'm pretty sure most of us who are participating wouldn't mind switching over to your charity, since we didn't have much of a better idea besides ACS.

That said, schedules might be written fairly soon. If you actually do want to take up one of the marathons yourself, you should get in touch with Flying Fox, by sending her a PM or visiting the chatroom while she's online.

She may very well see this thread and reply before you get the chance, though. :P

Hello SpinDashMaster!

Thank you for taking the time out to reply!

I am really interested in doing a event like this, and I thought what a better place than the Sonic Community right? (since I love Sonic!)

And since The Sonic Center has had experience with these types of events I wanted to reach out.

Thanks for the tip, I actually PM'd when I posted this so hopefully she reaches out as well.

Question, in the past what kinds of Donation incentives did Sonic Center do? If any.

A cool idea I was thinking that might be fun is, I design a lot of artwork for my charity, when I first did a fundraisers I was able to reach 5K with artwork alone.

I can send 8 X 10 artworks to everyone who donates, that was a idea I had off the top of my head.

Looking forward to work with this community:D

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2014, 12:12:00 pm »
Most of our donation incentives influence aspects of the speedruns, such as what character a runner might use, or if all Special Stages and Chaos Emeralds were to be included in the run.

I think one of the real show-stealers in terms of the donation incentives is the Custom Soundtrack hack we have going for Sonic 3. Players will be able to have donation wars on certain tracks they'd like to hear on each level, such as Michael Jackson's "Jam" on Carnival Night 1.

Not sure how we could weave artwork into the picture, but best to get others in here talking about this before going further.

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2014, 12:57:58 pm »
Those are all really cool ideas!

I like the bidding for the music that seems fun.

For the artwork idea I was thinking of giving people something tangible as well ( if they respond to that of course) like a Sonic themed Poster I can send out for people who donated "X amount or more"

If you go to my website, I am actually holding a poster of sonic I did, as a example.

But that is just a idea from me, If I am able to do this with the Sonic Center I would be willing to use any of my resources to help create donation incentives and rewards.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2014, 01:22:41 pm »
Hello Jsonicguy. Unfortunately we already discussed what charity to go with this year. Also I wanted to go with a cancer charity again for personal reasons.

Spoken to the majority of people on here and most of them have said either cancer charity or don't mind. So yeah going with cancer charity again.

I usually do a lot of my marathon sorting out on skype, since I have the majority of runners on my contact list. Any decisions that have been reached I do post in here for everyone to see. So yeah I'm very sorry we can't go with your charity this year :(

SDM: I know you were trying to help, but for future reference when it comes to discussing important events, just tell the person to see whoever is in charge and leave it there.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2014, 07:54:48 am »

I did.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2014, 08:36:47 am »
Then you posted this.

Most of our donation incentives influence aspects of the speedruns, such as what character a runner might use, or if all Special Stages and Chaos Emeralds were to be included in the run.

I think one of the real show-stealers in terms of the donation incentives is the Custom Soundtrack hack we have going for Sonic 3. Players will be able to have donation wars on certain tracks they'd like to hear on each level, such as Michael Jackson's "Jam" on Carnival Night 1.

Not sure how we could weave artwork into the picture, but best to get others in here talking about this before going further.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2014, 09:01:25 am »
And where in that post did I do anything besides describe what I'm already doing, and insisting that others arrive before discussing further?

We could be a little less uptight around here.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2014, 09:18:21 am »
I was merely pointing out that you didn't and also you made him think that we were switching to his charity, when we already agreed on one a few weeks ago.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2014, 09:19:26 am »
I made no such indication in any direction, other than I personally felt it was a good idea and others might like the idea. It is not my place to tell him "no" as much as it is not my place to tell him "yes."

I'm pretty sure I even emphasized in the verysame sentence that "I'm in no position to make the call" and "I'm not sure how others might feel about this."

That said, I'm sorry if it feels like I generated any sort of grammatical confusion through the overuse of "sure," but morally speaking I don't feel like I did anything wrong.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:28:56 am by SpinDashMaster »

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2014, 11:34:44 am »
Hello Jsonicguy. Unfortunately we already discussed what charity to go with this year. Also I wanted to go with a cancer charity again for personal reasons.

I usually do a lot of my marathon sorting out on skype, since I have the majority of runners on my contact list. Any decisions that have been reached I do post in here for everyone to see. So yeah I'm very sorry we can't go with your charity this year :(

SDM: I know you were trying to help, but for future reference when it comes to discussing important events, just tell the person to see whoever is in charge and leave it there.

Hello Flying Fox, thank you for your response. I perfectly understand that it is too late in the process and I completely respect you have chosen the selected charity for personal reasons.

However If you ever want to plan a separate charity event I would love to take part of it and work together with you, so let me know!

And SpinDashMaster made it clear that you called the shots! and we were just discussing some ideas! No need for any confusion:).

G'luck for at TSC 2014:)

Hope everyone has a great day
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:45:36 am by Jsonicguy »

Print

Hits: 90 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.20 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.