don't click here

An Apology and Handling BS

Print

Author Topic: An Apology and Handling BS  (Read 20548 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
An Apology and Handling BS
« on: April 12, 2014, 04:46:29 pm »
First of all, I want to extend an apology to anybody I publicly called out in the out-of-control topic. Yeah, you know the one. While I do think it was time for discussion to be brought to a close and for further pot-shots to be curbed with discipline if necessary, I shouldn't be venting so publicly and making people the targets of that venting, and I could have handled that much more maturely. Considering I chewed people out in public, I think it's only fair that I admit wrongdoing in public.

While that topic discussed many points, one that kept coming up (to the chagrin of a few people) was BS calls and how proof helps or does not help to solve them. Back in February, I brought up how flying fox would be assisting us and would further have a team of people who are knowledgeable about TSC's tracked games to assist with that. I believe now may be a good time to proceed with such a plan, as talk (and a video) about our BS catching methods has been popping up lately. While Parax and I could certainly come up with some names, I don't want to be passing over potential candidates simply because their names aren't coming to mind right away. Therefore, if you feel you have expertise in particular games and have an interest in assisting with BS calls, please reply to this post with what games you know well. Posting is not a guarantee that you'll suddenly become a trusted source, but it does help us choose properly.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline RigidatoMS

• A big fan of SA2B
  • TSC: Omega Rafael Santos
  • win10 chrome
  • I used to be so childish years ago... I'm sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: An Apology and Handling BS
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 04:52:34 pm »
I have this interest since SuperSonic917 made a second account(helping in Sonic Heroes, SA2B, Sonic Advance 3 and Sonic 4 Ep.1, sometimes in Colors too).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:10:25 pm by Lord of losing Rings »
My Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl85g5j2ERbADAhTeiYVEOg
Discord: RigidatoMS#6257

Offline Don

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 05:08:42 pm »
I would be open to help, if such help was wanted. I have some knowledge in the area of Sonic Advance and SA2B, but mostly Sonic Colours.

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 06:01:52 pm »
As has probably been seen, I have a decently large amount of experience with SADX and Sonic Heroes. I'm not telling you I'm a good candidate, but a decent one at best

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 06:42:42 pm »
I definitely have an interest in being a part of this team and assisting with the proof and false/questionable records process. My games of expertise are Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Rush, Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I may not be as skilled as some players at the moment at SADX and SA2B but I've been playing those games for such a long time that I know the ins and outs of them pretty well. I also have some expertise about Sonic Battle, Sonic Rush Adventure and Sonic Advance 2 since I've played those games a lot and for a long time, more knowledge for Sonic Battle and Sonic Rush Adventure than Sonic Advance 2. I'm not the best at Sonic Battle, Sonic Rush Adventure or Sonic Advance 2 but I know some glitches/tricks and how they work for those games and feel like I could help out with the process for those too.

I'm usually on TSC everyday so availability wouldn't be an issue. I think it's good that TSC is creating a team to help work on this issue.

Offline Starlight_Glimmer

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 07:10:11 pm »
If I understand correctly you are more for scrapping the new rule parax purposed in favor of employing more trusted members to monitor stats?

that is something. It's better then nothing, now this site is about anyone calling out bs if you truely believe a stat is bs. I believe that maybe the disconnect here. Is it because people are to scared of being wrong, even though there is a better chance that they are right, to call out a stat in fear of being embarrassed? if calling more memebers "trusted memembers" helps (which I think might) so be it. I defer to my comment that its better then nothing.

I do want to put out though I severely hate cyberscore... but one thing they do, do right is anonymously calling bs.

edit:atleast the last time i've been there>_>
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

Offline SB737

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 07:11:52 pm »
I'd be happy to assist. I still compete quite regularly so I'm quite close to the competition, I've competed and played a lot of games, however I would say my areas of expertise would be for generations, sonic 1,2,3&k, colours and pocket adventure as I know those games best. I am aware that I don't have an ideal track record on TSC, but I'll leave the decision of whether I'm the sort of person that would be useful to you guys :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 07:19:29 pm by SonicBoom737 »
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 07:12:49 pm »
You could consider me an expert on everything from the Genesis era, as well as all DS titles. I am also persistent with going the extra mile in terms of reverse-engineering most tactics and strategies.

Plus I sort of do this for y'all already.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 07:16:34 pm »
If I understand correctly you are more for scrapping the new rule parax purposed in favor of employing more trusted members to monitor stats?

I wouldn't say that, as I do need to sift through that topic as well as look at the summaries posted after my ultimatum, but I think having people beyond just me, Parax, and Zeupar is necessary considering we have over 50 charts. We're not DsS, so we can't know that many game's mechanics inside and out. :)

Offline THC98

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 06:16:22 pm »
I have a great experience with SADX, SA2B and Heroes at both real time runs and TASes, so I can help in those games. I also have some experience with Genesis games, so I think I can help in them as well.

Offline Diamond

• Diamond in the sky
  • TSC Profile
  • iphone safari
  • "I never want to hear you say goodbye"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 02:02:32 pm »
While my experience is a bit limited with SG3DS, I could give some general advice on the subject that I believe could prove helpful.
Retired from Colors DS.
nah jk I can't quit

Offline blazethecat

• Don't copy what you won't.
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Still doesn't have an avatar. Still doesn't care.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 08:47:12 pm »
I have good experience in Sonic CD for many years, if that helps in the matter. I have also watched some TAS videos of it as well, as well as a few bugs in the game that seemingly require frame-by-frame reaction time.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 09:16:20 pm »
While it's on my mind, sorry for the delay in doing anything with this topic. I've been sick all week and have been in no mood to do anything resembling work.

Offline blazethecat

• Don't copy what you won't.
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Still doesn't have an avatar. Still doesn't care.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 09:20:25 pm »
Sorry you're not feeling up to par. You will get back in it very soon, just stay forward-focused and get proper rest.

Offline zackoon49

• Still doesn't stream as much as he would like to 6 years later.
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • I'm slightly less scrub at sonic now ~Zackoon 2020
    • View Profile
    • Twitch channel
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 08:06:54 pm »
yeah yeah TSC i know

WARNING: This topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Remember, thread necromancy is a sin.

but i've now realized how many flaws there are in the rom for Sonic Advance 3 compared to the cartridge version, so i may be able to help finding BS in SAdv3 proof videos. just let me know if you find something iffy.

also i feel it might be bad to race if some people are using a gba and some are using an emulator because of those flaws (yeah, i know the SAdv3 race was not too long ago, but i never knew about said flaws until after that race)
My last signature was Smash 3ds Hype Train Mama Mia...

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 09:46:40 am »
Are you sure you're not using the early-leaked rom of that game? SAdv3 was infamous for that. Several things were changed before the final release, and that is a known constant.

As long as you are using a rom of the proper game, there shouldn't be any differences.

Print

Hits: 337 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.17 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.