don't click here

TSC has been online for a decade!

Print

Author Topic: TSC has been online for a decade!  (Read 28110 times)

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
TSC has been online for a decade!
« on: October 23, 2013, 04:37:00 am »
TSC is ten years old today. Yeah, really. How time flies, etc. Feel free to celebrate it with your beverage of choice! It has been ten years full of healthy competition and, most importantly, fun and friendship. At least that's what I have been told! (I joined in 2007 >_>). There has been drama too, of course, but THE FUN CANNOT BE HALTED. Thanks everyone for submitting records, discussing strategies, calling BS and visiting. It's your contributions that make this site the "premiere resource for the best Sonic series players". Holy crap we're awesome!

Sega's birthday present has been an average Sonic game. Woo! It's a bit new I warn you. By the way, a race to celebrate this Milestone is being organized and will take place in two days. Now you think on what skill you have cost!

Are you ready for 10 more years? Here we go buddy, here we go buddy. Rolken, the pimp who started it all, should be proud.

Edited to update the image's URL because Photobucket turned into crap in 2017.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:02:45 am by Zeupar »
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Re: TSC has been online for a decade!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 05:21:01 am »
My god. 10 years o.o Only being here for 2 seems like forever haha
Just goes to show the spirit of Sonic speed running hasn't waned one bit :)

Here's to the admins and prominent members who have kept it up and running for so long. Let's hope things continue changing in a good way, the abundance of streaming is highlighting Sonic runners to new viewers every day! Let's just try and send a few of them this way to join the fight eh? ;)

<3 TSC Caretakers <3

Offline InferSaime

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:28:18 am »
Oh wow 10 years. Although I've only been here for a year, I enjoyed it a lot and I hope I stay enjoying it together with everyone.
Also congratz to the current and past admins aswell as everyone who  helped them running this site for 10 years. :)

Offline Zorkiy

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 06:48:23 am »
Happy Anniversary, TSC!

Offline theultimategamer95

• Your typical speed runner
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • I am the ultimate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 09:02:44 am »
Happy Anniversary TSC Kreygasm
My Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/theultimategamer95

My PSN = greatgamer83

My Skype = theultimategamer95

Offline FocusSight64

• Language Geek
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 firefox
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Weeaboo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 05:20:33 pm »
All these self references to TSC are just amazing in Zeupar's post

Here's to another 10 years!
Well I've been all over the place on TSC
ikr
I'm not going to into detail about my experience, tho
Because I'm lazy.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:03:33 pm by FocusSight64 »
Proud supporter of Cookie☆ (クッキー☆) MADs.

Offline maggot

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • old-school 2D pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 10:21:14 pm »
Beautiful. Just Beautiful.
you can run, but not fast enough...

Offline RigidatoMS

• A big fan of SA2B
  • TSC: Omega Rafael Santos
  • win10 chrome
  • I used to be so childish years ago... I'm sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 12:04:06 pm »
I'm only around TSC since 2 months ago... Happy birthday TSC!
Edit: I'm a contributor too. 1 guide.
My Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl85g5j2ERbADAhTeiYVEOg
Discord: RigidatoMS#6257

Offline Chackoman15379

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 12:11:23 pm »
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
MAN I LOVE THIS SITE
CAN@T BELIEVE IT'S 2 YEARS ALREADY AND TSC IS UP FOR 10

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 08:30:39 pm »
ROCK AND ROLL!!!!! </RPG>
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 10:11:49 pm »
^_^
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline SB737

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 06:43:26 am »
Well I've been all over the place on TSC, banned, unbanned and held two championships multiple times and made the top 20, which imo is a pretty unbelievable journey for just 18 months. Definitely the best place for competition and just the best sonic site in general imo. So if I achieved that in such a small time of TSCs history then who knows what can happen in the next ten years. Awesome site - love it  (Also I practiced for the birthday race *shot*) :P
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 12:49:27 pm »
You have certainly matured since when I first met you Sonicboom.

I was pretty sceptical when I first signed up. I thought most people here were stuck up snobs that banned anyone they didn't agree with and that the competition was 50% pointless (like special stage ring attacks) and the rest somewhat uncompetitive. But I was wrong, instead I found a nice group of people I love to spend time with and lots of great challenges in my favourite games coupled with a lot of encouragement. Thank you for that.

Offline Brutus

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 02:49:07 pm »
That sure is a long time for a forum. Too bad forums in general seem to be down in popularity now....

Offline Etch

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 05:54:54 pm »
We're never gonna give you up!

Yakking with you guys in the marathon was a lot of fun and we're so damn good at sonic the rest of the world must bow down to us!

Cheers and happy time trialing!

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 07:45:54 pm »
Wow, 10 years - That's a respectable amount of time :P

Also, lol at the rankings in 2003 using time machine-could do with a time machine actually....

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 01:46:15 am »
Hi to everybody!!!! Hooray TSC is 10 years old! 2003 that seems like a long time ago, but it is not too long ago. Good luck for the future. Yaaaay!!!! I'll submit a little more too if I get time and do not get angry over restarting a milliooon times. <_<

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 11:11:44 am »
Excuse me for the 4-day belated reply (various outside factors have been drawing my attention away from this here TSC as of late), but nevertheless, HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY TSC!!!!! :D

It's difficult to get my head around the concept that this site's been up and running in its full splendour for a whopping 10 years now, and whilst I only signed up myself a couple of years ago, a (despite my typical lack of activity on the site) fantastic two year experience it has been indeed! From registering two years back whilst I was on summer vacation (TimpZ, if you think SonicBoom737's matured a lot since he first appeared on the scene, you should've known myself in my daft 12-year-old days back in '11), to posting in the forums (which I've improved at overtime, as, prior to signing up to TSC, I'd never even heard of an internet forum :O), to chatting in TSC's IRC channel (again, entering TSC's IRC channel was the first instance of myself coming into contact with IRC :O), and to submitting statistics (I still get this rich satisfactory glowy magicy feeling every time I submit stats to the site), I've had a blast whilst I've been around this place and you awesome folks.

In my eyes, TSC proudly stands up as one of the greatest video game competition sites to this day, with beautiful statistics charts and rankings, impressive and beneficial videos and guides, and a great community of gamers, from hard-core competitors to blissful Sonic enthusiasts. The constitution holds true guys; TSC is truly the best site ever conceived in the entire universe!  :V

tl;dr – A TOAST . . . to many more fruitful and jubilant years of running down the street with only gloves and boots on and destroying cars, irrelevant topics, using the /me command in the chatroom in incorrect tenses, losing the game, breaking servers, not adding goal rings to totals and poking fun at P.P.A.'s furry lovin'. I never wanna see this fucking place go. :D

StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 11:08:40 am »
That's quite the impressive landmark!

Here's to hoping TSC continues to thrive for many years to come.
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline Kirbymon30

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 12:18:52 am »
I'm late, who cares? :P

Ten years, huh? And I've only been around for a month or two...it's pretty amazing just how much dedication's been put into this site for all these years, and how all the competitors have improved as both gamers and people. Even I've learned quite a few things around here-it doesn't make me much better at competition, but oh well ;P

I'm here for the community more than the games themselves, though, because you guys are all just so great <3 Another ten years may seem like quite the obstacle, but if we made it this far, why give up now? Good job, everyone~!
~Sonic Lost World Top 10~
Primary Goal (as of 12/1/14): Dabble into some easy things. Mostly Sonic Chaos, might go back to CD11/Lost World at a later date but most likely not. I'm not that invested in this stuff anymore :V
Secondary Goal (as of 12/1/14): Smash is love, Smash is life

CS Bullshit:

Kirby number TooManyDamnKirbys. Just shy of TSC's youngest, but undoubtedly TSC's stupidest. In fact, I should probably heed this advice:

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit."
                  - Jim C. Hines

Offline dwhitethegamer

• Speedstar.
  • Oracle of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • THE ultimate gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 11:06:31 am »
Well then. Happy Anniversary to TSC.  Congrats on making it through a decade.  This year is also the year I signed in, so... huzzah!  Let's see if we can make it through the next decade, and possibly beyond.  Happy late Birthday TSC :P.
The best of what the gamers are made of.

The gaming miracle.

Print

Hits: 613 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.32 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.