don't click here

Sonic Adventure Series System Separation

Poll

Do you think the systems should be separated?

Yes
No
Not Sure
    Print

Author Topic: Sonic Adventure Series System Separation  (Read 11018 times)

Sonic Adventure Series System Separation
« on: May 09, 2013, 04:24:08 pm »
Hello all! I personally think that the Sonic Adventure series should have its Dreamcast versions as their own leaderboard. My reason for saying this is that the Dreamcast versions have differences that can affect times. Some of these don't really matter, but in some cases, there may be a glitch you need to use to get a good time and in some cases this can only be done on the re-releases of the games. One example of this is on Sonic's Final Egg, in SADX, after the spinning tubes, the scene will change and you are supposed to turn around and spindash up a slope to get out of bounds. This is impossible in the original Sonic Adventure. Please consider doing this. Thank you.

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Sonic Adventure Series System Separation
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:04:09 pm »
I've had a similar thought, but, in truth, it's redundant to change it now. cyberscore.net actually separates the versions, so... If you don't like the way the chart is... I hate to tell you that competing on CS is your only option

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 09:25:55 pm »
Well that website isnt as "official" when it comes to sonic. Im just tryin to help improve this site!

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 12:10:00 am »
Being a SADX Competitor myself, playing on PC, I actually agree that it would have been better to of had two seperate charts from the very beginning, as your right about their being differences. . (and yes, at points I do wish I had a DC, lol) but to be honest, trying to seperate it now, would be very difficult as too many years have passed now and in my case, the DC players that play SADX are all better players than I anyway, so I wouldn't really want the lists split as of now. . . as removing players that have used DC=(Gamepro011, Jawzun, Avento128bits, F-Man...etc) all whom are I believe are retired from SADX, with them on a different list, then competiting wouldn't feel the same :/

As much as I agree with you. . its just too late to change it >_>
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:54:21 pm by DarkPolarNight »

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 01:01:02 am »
If we did it for one, we'd have to do it for every game with differrent versions on one chart. and I doubt Gerbil will want to rework the whole formula or whatever.

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 01:03:49 am »
Good luck sorting the thousands of stats submitted over the last decade into the right consoles.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline SB737

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 05:09:32 am »
there are plenty of games that i feel should have seperate charts, e.g the sonic 1, 2 gg/sms. However there's no chance seperating the charts after thousands of stats have been submitted, so as Gamepro said, cyberscore or get a Dreamcast (they're not exactly expensive :P)
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 04:51:06 pm »
They aren't different games, they're different versions.  In any game, you're expected to use the version best suited to level times.  The fact that we divide by levels means you're free to switch for each level, as opposed to the entire game.

It's a rule from older games and other communities, and it's still functional in newer games.  A lot of speedrunning groups do this.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Token

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 08:42:59 pm »
No point in changing it now. I'll agree with Gamefraud and Sonicboom.

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 12:46:26 am »
Funny enough, the Dreamcast version is actually faster for Final Egg, don't see why you'd complain about a 7 second last level...compared to 49 on gamecube etc.

Print

Hits: 1,016 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.10 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.