don't click here

Marathon 2013 -- Low Volunteer Turnout

Print

Author Topic: Marathon 2013 -- Low Volunteer Turnout  (Read 5249 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Marathon 2013 -- Low Volunteer Turnout
« on: February 01, 2013, 01:42:30 pm »
Marathon Volunteering Topic

Let me open by saying that I'm appreciative of all of the people that did step forward to do something. However, we only have volunteers for about 25 games (we ran about 40 last year, including bonus streams), and there are some popular games missing from that list of 25. We have no volunteers for any 8-bit games, no volunteers for Sonic Adventure 2, and no unconditional volunteers for either version of Sonic Unleashed, among other things. Strangely, we've had more new and/or less social TSCers volunteer while many of our big hitters haven't stepped up, which means we're working from scratch with many people as we test their streaming setups, check how well they can play, and see if they can socialize.

What does all of this mean for the marathon? If we are planning for the week leading up to Easter, then the current games/volunteers list is bordering on too little, too late. I'm okay with a shorter marathon, but not if it means we won't run some of the popular games that are necessary for excellent Sonic marathons. Those of you that haven't finished testing streams need to get that done right away. Those of you that told me in passing, "Oh, I can probably run a game," need to post in the volunteering topic if you meant it, as I'm not counting "probably" towards our volunteer list.

If you plan to reply about running a game, do it in the volunteering topic. I'll see where we stand a week from now, and decide if we can move forward with our plans, if we need to postpone the marathon, or if we need to call it off.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Print

Hits: 729 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.22s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.