don't click here

Should we make charts for Sonic Jump?

Print

Author Topic: Should we make charts for Sonic Jump?  (Read 6435 times)

Offline DarkAura

Should we make charts for Sonic Jump?
« on: December 31, 2012, 02:05:47 pm »
Sonic Jump is an iOS game. There would be four categories: Time, Rings, Score, and Boss. They record your best times etc. There are five acts in each zone, and a boss. The times would be like Sonic 1's times: minutes and seconds only.
The zones are:
Green Hill Zone
Mountain Top Zone
Jungle Zone
Blue Sky Zone

There could also be an Extra category. In story mode, if you beat the five acts then the boss, you move on to the next zone. But there are also more acts to play in that Zone. There are five more and then another boss.

Should we add them?

EDIT: There are items that you could use to go faster/get more rings. There could be a Time (items) and Time Attack (no items). These items can be purchased from the store(with the rings you gather)
EDIT2: There are more levels coming, which might be a problem..
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 02:13:46 pm by DarkAura »
hi my name is izzy and i dye my hair to look like scarlett johansson

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
Re: Should we make charts for Sonic Jump?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 02:52:53 pm »
Do we even track any mobile-only games? I'm pretty sure we don't.

Also why is Sega remaking a phone game from 2006
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Zorkiy

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 07:13:48 pm »
Sega recently released this remake also for Android OS. (I didn't play either of versions.)

Offline Luxray

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:22:34 am »
EDIT: There are items that you could use to go faster/get more rings. There could be a Time (items) and Time Attack (no items). These items can be purchased from the store(with the rings you gather)

Surely you mean Times and Uber Times, right?
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Parax

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 06:39:23 am »
Okay I haven't played this but we are NOT going to track a category that requires regular microtransactions. Screw that.

Aside from that, it's not a traditional Sonic game or on a traditional platform but I'm not opposed to charts for this. The fact that the game is regularly getting updated with new content could be an issue though. On the other hand - all we really need to do is add a new chart/division, so maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 09:28:52 am »
Okay I haven't played this but we are NOT going to track a category that requires regular microtransactions. Screw that.

The 'regular' microtransactions aren't like the My Little Pony one in which you need to fork out a couple hundred just to beat the game by -next- year. They're optional and highly renewable in game. Literally, you spend rings in game to get items in the shop. You can choose to pay real money to get more of those rings, or even "unlock everything". Some Ring purchases can unlock characters, though i'm not sure if they serve any functional difference. Other purchases upgrade items permanently. Oh and get this: There's fucking ring time in this game. I can see this trackable, but the game doesn't save time, rings, or scores. Just best rank. So i think this really needs to be discussed before completely shut down, or hastily put up. Because there's the fact that this could just be a dead chart on the site.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline SB737

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 02:23:01 pm »
Recently I purchased this game, and I enjoyed playing it, and i feel that charts for TSC may be an option. One reason that it wasn't added was because it was a mobile game. However since then, charts for both S1-13 and S2-13 have been added, so things on TSC have perhaps changed.

Charts for TSC would be as followed (and I'm posting this myself as i feel differently about what DarkAura suggested, and I shall give my reasons).

The game consists of a story mode, and an arcade mode, story mode has trackable stats. Aracde mode is an endless mode where the stage is random so different each time, and you have to try and get as high as you can without dying.

It has been released on both IOS and Android systems.
The game has multiple characters, which you can buy. According to this http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Jump_(2012) they are different in some ways, however I personally feel that the only character that should be tracked is Sonic, for simplicity, as you have to purchase other characters as extras.

Trackable stats:
Times
Standard time achieved without using any powerups, so that includes a blast off (gives you a massive boost upwards at the start of the stage), a magnet (attracts rings), a bounce back (allows you to continue if you die), a bomb (destroys all visible enemies), a shield, ring time (turns enemies to rings). Any one of those powerups would give you an advantage, so to keep things simeple and equal, banning them would be the best option.

Score
This is calculated at the end of the stage, I haven't managed to work out how it works yet though. Again powerups should be banned.

Rings
Shouldn't be tracked in my opinion, as stages contain an item box, which gives you a random item, one of those items being ring time, this adds incredible inconsistency as it is RNG, people may disagree with me on this matter, but the fact that you cannot consistently get ring time makes me feel that ring charts shouldn't be included.

EDIT: Bosses (Forgot this)
You have to defeat the boss, whilst climbing upwards through an endless level, his attack pattern happens regardless of where you are on the ascent, you can get unmitied rings, therefore an unlmited score, so just time should be tracked for this.

Stages:
with added suggested stats
Green Hill:
Act 1: Times, Score
Act 2: Times, Score
Act 3: Times, Score
Act 4: Times, Score
Act 5: Times, Score
Act 7: Times, Score
Act 8: Times, Score
Act 9: Times, Score
Act 10: Times, Score
Act 11: Times, Score
Boss (Act 6): Times
Boss (Act 12): Times

Mountain:

Jungle:

Blue Sky:

A stage looking like planet wisp is coming soon, and it's been that way for quite some time, if a new zone does get released, then as Parax said, new divisions could be added without too much trouble, however from what I can tell, Sonic Jump doesn't get much updating nowadays.

Hope I covered everything. :V
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Print

Hits: 345 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.10 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.