don't click here

Sonic Generations leaderboard cheat

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Generations leaderboard cheat  (Read 10505 times)

Offline SB737

Sonic Generations leaderboard cheat
« on: December 26, 2012, 04:01:12 pm »
So this guy called MyNewUsername has started using the time stop glitch on the leaderboards, which has ruined it for everyone now, so what are your guys thoughts? What should we do, we cant really cheat back, here are what he's cheated on so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9isIasypDA&feature=youtu.be - his youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9isIasypDA&feature=youtu.be go and kill him or something lol. Should we tell sega (if thats possible) to patch it, and tell microsoft, i dont know what to do to be honest.
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic Generations leaderboard cheat
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:06:27 pm »
I am pretty sure that the developers are already aware of it, just as the SART developers are aware of exploited times on their leaderboards. The only recourse they have is to create games without these kinds of glitches, as wiping times off of the leaderboards will simply lead to the times being reposted by somebody else.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 04:08:00 pm »
Good luck telling microsoft to ban every single person who's cheated the leaderboards on every single game with leaderboards. Seriously, nothing can be done.

Edit: Also questioning the people for say, SA2B usually leads to them telling you they did something impossible (Kart Race Beginner) then calling you a noob and telling you you suck because you can't get the time they did,

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 04:09:06 pm »
^And we all know it is impossible for SEGA to NOT(:P) make a game with these kind of glitches.. It's really impossible to wipe the boards, and patches aren't an option. Sorry.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:37:19 pm by DarkAura »
hi my name is izzy and i dye my hair to look like scarlett johansson

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 04:10:09 pm »
^ No, I would say it's very possible for SEGA to make a game with these kinds of glitches. If they hadn't, this topic wouldn't exist!

EDIT: Well now she's edited her post, so this doesn't make sense anymore. Poo.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 07:57:54 pm by Thorn »

Offline SB737

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 04:15:59 pm »
could the developers not patch it? and then remove the time of miles and mynewusername, they are the only people that have done the cheat that has affected the leaderboards, miles told me himself that he cheated, mynewusername should be banned, miles will remove the extra account he made and sega patch the game, done. lol. This cheat can be nipped in the bud lolz

aagh ninjaed by a load of people, you can still read it and see if it applies

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 04:19:12 pm »
Microsoft charges $40,000 for every patch after the first. SEGA also needs to pay developers and testers when they make patches. At this point, it would take much too long to make that much back in profit, so it's a bad investment for them.

Offline SB737

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 04:27:29 pm »
i suppose in ways sega wouldnt bother if it means they have to pay so much, they wouldnt really get any agin from it, but have sega patched the game once yet?

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 04:29:55 pm »
Yes.

Offline SB737

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 07:02:35 pm »
i told microsoft, they said file a complaint against mynewusername, i also messaged my new username to stop cheating, and i emailed sega and asked them to patch the game, i doubt they'll do anything but there's no harm in trying, maybe if a lot of people complain about mynewusername then he'll get banned or something, but he'll probably just do it again soooo... i dont know

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 07:54:36 pm »
I don't think you can ban someone from online leader boards... This can't be fixed.
hi my name is izzy and i dye my hair to look like scarlett johansson

Offline Parax

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 08:20:03 pm »
Uh, how are you so sure he cheated? Both of those times are entirely possible.

Offline SB737

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 08:58:08 pm »
i agree with miles, the evidence seems pretty solid, if he didnt do it then i apologise, but it's very unlikely that someone can come from nowhere to suddenly do one of the hardest runs ever, better than all us speed runners that have been doing it for a long time, it seems very unlikely that its possible. but hey i could be wrong

Offline Parax

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 09:13:32 pm »
:/ Green Hill Classic with Mils's trick + the corkscrew thing can easily get to 27, and City Escape easily goes to 36 with  better luck in the ending. He obviously knows how to do the speed glitch and that's all you really need for those levels. It's weird that someone just came out of nowhere with times like those, yeah, but this is like zero evidence, especially for you guys to be jumping all over him like this.

Offline SB737

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 09:18:30 pm »
i've asked him how he did it, he might have done 27 legit, so we'll see what he says, i admit city escape is possible, time will tell.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 12:12:20 am »
First off, how can you prove he used the time stop glitch?
Secondly, why does it bother you? It's a semi-unmoderated list with no holds barred. Those times are always bound to be hacked, and games are always going to be glitched to get the lowest times on those boards. You complaining is almost akin to the sega forum's whining about any glitch at all being used to get a low time. It's not TSC, where we do have rules about our charts.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Parax

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 06:42:12 pm »
Yeah, so... that's why you don't jump to conclusions on things like this. :P (Here's the link for whoever hasn't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBuPkYf1x20)

Locking.

Print

Hits: 100 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.09 MB | Time: 0.22s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.