don't click here

Revival of Flyby's League

Print

Author Topic: Revival of Flyby's League  (Read 11183 times)

Offline SB737

Revival of Flyby's League
« on: November 05, 2012, 07:09:11 am »
I think flyby's league happened before my time at TSC, so can someone tell me what it was, and if it was any good we could possibly revive it, so who knows about it?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:00:49 pm by SonicBoom737 »
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Luxray

Re: Flyby's League - What Is It?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 07:11:54 am »
We raced levels from various games in teams and competed for bragging rights. Lurk more, or ask in IRC. Topics for this are rather pointless when a post like this answers it in less space than my signature.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Parax

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 08:56:40 pm »
Well, more specifically, it was basically TSC's traditional individual level competition in a tournament format. Levels were selected by the host, players had to compete for the best time on the level, and whoever had the best time by the deadline moved on. Teams were allowed and there was a wide selection from a bunch of different gaems, so you didn't have to play every level in the league if you didn't want to.

I'd really love to see it brought back personally.

Offline SB737

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 06:18:56 am »
anyone wanna revive it then? I would, but it would be better if someone did with a bit more experience in it than myself

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)

Offline SB737

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 10:54:14 am »
I'm thinking of reviving it, if anyone would be willing to help me that would be great,
Questions I have are, do members just signup by posting that they want to in the topic?
Do the league points get used for a knockout tournament or something like that, or are they separate things?

Offline Parax

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 02:06:11 pm »
If anyone revives the league it's going to be someone who has more trust within the community.

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 02:11:24 pm »
For example, people who could run it would be Umbreon, FlyingFox, the like.
Not people who have been here for 4 months.
hi my name is izzy and i dye my hair to look like scarlett johansson

Offline flying fox

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 02:18:41 pm »

Heh you're the second person who mentioned my name for running it.

Offline Parax

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 02:26:51 pm »

More importantly, not someone who's been banned for BSing. <_<

Offline SB737

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 06:21:09 am »
darkaura ive been a member since may, that's like seven months lolz ;),
And umbreon I can totally understand that you would struggle to trust me, but we all make mistakes, I've learnt from that and I haven't cheated since, I've been banned for quite a few months and since then I've been very active. I would love a second chance but I know you wont give me that (cos you don't think I deserve it) so that's another discussion for another time. but I don't see how just because I was banned I cant run the league,  why would I cheat, if anything that would give me the chance to redeem myself. But anyway you want someone else to do it, it doesn't look like you want to do it, maybe you don't have enough time on your hands or something like that, and flyingfox does TSC race night so i don't know if she can do it, so I don't know who can do it. if people don't start taking actions then it'll never happen, if it does happen then it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't started this topic would it?
So who's willing to do it beside myself?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:37:09 am by SonicBoom737 »

Offline Luxray

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 06:34:17 am »
but I don't see how just because I was banned I cant run the league
You have no reputation to hold yourself up to. New players are more likely to be endorsed to create such an idea. A banned player, such as yourself, gets to have no say in how the site is managed, run, or whatever happens on the site (let alone someone like me). You fucked up when you started lying or cheating (tick whichever applies), and as such, your ideas to engage the community are quite possibly going to fall on deaf ears.

But anyway you want someone else to do it, it doesnt look like you want to do it, maybe you dont have enough time on your hands or something like that, and flyingfox does TSC race night so i dont know if she can do it, so I dont know who can do it. if people dont start taking actions then it'll never happen, if it does happen then it wouldn't have happened if I hadnt started this topic would it?

You also seem to be the only one gung-ho about reviving the league, and judging by the lack of positive responses, I'd say your efforts are splashing out of water. From what I see, not many want the league at this point in time. Wait until another member, one with tons more respect earned, decides to bring it back and strings along attention and competitors. Odds are you may not even be eligible to enter with your history.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline SB737

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 08:13:02 am »
so what do i have to redeem myself? is being active not good enough?

Offline SB737

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 08:16:54 am »
and who actually wants it revived, umbreon and me seem to be the only ones that have said so, if we do revive it this could attract back alot of members that used to be active that participated in it when it used to happen (and just to clarify would i be allowed to participate, I'd do live streaming for the times to prove it if it took that to prove the validity of my times)

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 12:51:18 pm »
A way to get a good reputation is making more youtube videos, following rules, being funny, not necroing numerous topic, not double posting (There is an edit button for a reason), being involved in things brought up before, and not posting seven topics a month. Those just turn out annoying, which won't get you any further.

EDIT: I would like to host it but no one trusts me nor do I have people who would like me hosting it. I'd love to see it brought back.
EDIT2: You're not being active. You're spamming the forums. There is an IRC room for a reason.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:01:57 pm by DarkAura »

Offline SB737

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 01:18:08 pm »
a forum is for discussing things, I'm not spamming, if there's a problem then an admin can tell me, I have 149 videos, since i was banned i've followed the rules perfectly to my knowledge, you8 dont have to read topics that i post I dont know why they are annoying.

But thanks for your advice

Offline Parax

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 02:44:38 pm »
Given that you wouldn't even be eligible to enter the league why would we want you to run it? I don't trust you with any degree of power on the site (which would be necessary for anyone running the league) and I don't have any faith that you would run it well.

so what do i have to redeem myself? is being active not good enough?

Very very few people have gotten unbanned and they did it by being active, honest competitors on other sites and hanging around enough to show us that they get that they fucked up and they aren't going to do it again because they've grown up a bit (and that they're cool to have around). That usually takes at least a year or two. Posting tons of threads on the forums is not going to get you unbanned.

edit: For the record I'd really love to see the league get brought back, but not many established and trustworthy members have stepped up to offer to run it.

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 02:50:57 pm »
I think we should start a poll to bring this back. I would like to run it, as I have more free time and I can pick it up fast. Considering I'm fairly new and I am not established, that is in no way possible, but I'm all for helping out. We need to build the community up. Flyby's League might be a good way to do it.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 02:54:52 pm »
Can we stop calling it Flyby's league if it's a future thing? It was once because she made it. It'd just be a regular tournement surely?

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline SB737

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 02:57:56 pm »
I was thinking that lol, maybe it should be TSC league or something like that

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 03:00:28 pm »
Well, that's a very unnecessary thing to do. We should keep the name. SHE came up with the idea. SHE's the one who maintained it. We should keep it in respect for the time she put into it.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
Re: Revival of Flyby's League
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 03:05:13 pm »
It's not as if an actual league was her entire idea. TSC League would more than suffice right now.

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline SB737

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 03:06:23 pm »
yer, and she seems to have left tsc now, we've got to move on and move forward

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 03:40:01 pm »
But there is a difference between moving on and honoring ones in the past >_>
I'd really like to participate in this now

Print

Hits: 53 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.18 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.