don't click here

Hello guys

Print

Author Topic: Hello guys  (Read 5113 times)

Hello guys
« on: January 17, 2012, 04:20:59 am »
I registered here well over a week or so ago, but I've been kinda busy and I never got the chance to make an intro thread.
So, hi, my name is Brian, 17 and a senior. I've been a fan of the Sonic franchise for roughly 13 years now and my favorite sonic title is Sonic 3. I just got into speed running recently and I decided to join a Sonic community to help improve my records, and of course, to compete with other players. I'm still new to the whole speed running thing, and I'm not that good, so, yeah. That's about it.

Offline Rusty Rom

• Diamond Smasher
  • TSC Profile
  • android chrome
  • Pro Brasilia fiant eximia
    • View Profile
    • My youtube profile
Re: Hello guys
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:21:45 pm »
If you'll compete on Sonic 3, feel free for asking questions about speedruns if you need help. I'll do my best (probably by recording videos showing my strategies).
Also, welcome to TSC!

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 12:12:21 am »
Hiya Brian! I'm William, the reigning Sonic 3 champ here. I'm pleased to hear that S3 was your favorite game, and I would really like to pass on my techniques to some new players. So if you find yourself interested, hop onto the Soniccenter chatroom and I'll give you some advice (and tools) you'll need to get started in Genesis Sonic games.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 08:56:52 am »
Apologies for the belated response, guys. I got hit with exams, and I couldn't get the time to sign in, I just finished exams today. =3
You came to the right place. Don't worry about being new, we all had to start somewhere. Good luck competing, and if you ever need tips, you can ask around, join the chatroom, and take a look at the many videos on the site under "Media" on the left. Most importantly, have fun :P
Thank you for the welcome, I'll give the IRC room a shot. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need all the help I can get when speed running the classic games. I got really rusty at those, haha.

If you'll compete on Sonic 3, feel free for asking questions about speedruns if you need help. I'll do my best (probably by recording videos showing my strategies).
Also, welcome to TSC!
Yeah, I will compete on Sonic 3, eventually, thank you for the offer Romulo but I'll probably focus on Generations for the time being, mainly because I don't have my Genesis anymore. ;-;
Hiya Brian! I'm William, the reigning Sonic 3 champ here. I'm pleased to hear that S3 was your favorite game, and I would really like to pass on my techniques to some new players. So if you find yourself interested, hop onto the Soniccenter chatroom and I'll give you some advice (and tools) you'll need to get started in Genesis Sonic games.
Sup William? I've browsed the Sonic 3 rankings and your records are pretty impressive, I don't think I could ever finish Marble Garden as fast as you did.
I really appreciate your offer. I'm always willing to learn new tricks and techniques, learning yours, would be awesome.
And what kind of tools? =o

Note: This post may contain lots of horrible grammar and may not make much, that's mainly because I rushed the post from my phone.

Offline DATBOI | War Anvil

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 12:35:37 pm »
'Sup?  Welcome to TSC.  I'm rising up in Sonic 3 myself.
Hoo~!

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 05:42:02 pm »
Ah! A new-comer to TSC! Always a pleasure to see one. Hope to see you competing in multiple games, and , as HyperSonic7701 said, feel free to ask around if you need help. Also, for Sonic 3, I would ask Romulo The Brazilian or flyingfox for help, as they know the game quite well. You should also check out their youtube channels

Offline flying fox

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 07:30:21 am »
Ah! A new-comer to TSC! Always a pleasure to see one. Hope to see you competing in multiple games, and , as HyperSonic7701 said, feel free to ask around if you need help. Also, for Sonic 3, I would ask Romulo The Brazilian or flyingfox for help, as they know the game quite well. You should also check out their youtube channels

Might was well post in here since I got mentioned :P welcome to TSC. What Gamepro11 meant by coming to me for help is that I'm currently doing videos of ring attacks (will move on to score later) on Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Right now I'm going to take a small break from SCD11, to make at least another 3 S3&K  videos before I go back to it. The videos are on my youtube channel.

Print

Hits: 152 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.