don't click here

Green Super Emerald Challenge

Print

Author Topic: Green Super Emerald Challenge  (Read 15273 times)

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Green Super Emerald Challenge
« on: August 17, 2011, 11:34:11 pm »
This is the third release, and by now you've noticed a steep grade in difficulty between what I expect from a Chaos Emerald Challenge and what I expect from a Super Emerald Challenge.

I also told you that this series was arranged in ascending order of difficulty, so from here on out, the punishment's going to get more and more severe as releases progress.

Here's the next heavy blow: It's the exact opposite of a challenge you likely already completed. In the Pink Chaos Emerald Challenge, Tails wasn't allowed to be seen in flight nor swim position. This time, flight or swim are his -only- allowed positions. You'll be required to maintain a speed sufficient to never allow Tails to catch up -- at all times. Show me a fantastic feat of constant Speed and reflex, and you'll earn my new Green Emerald. Good Luck!

Green Super Emerald Challenge: In Sonic the Hedgehog 3, as Sonic and Tails together in Launch Base Zone, Act 2, Tails must leave the camera's view before the timer strikes 0:10. After that time, and until the wall in the boss room is reached, Tails must remain in a flying or swimming position.

The challenge is complete when you touch the wall of the first boss chamber. You may stop recording then.

If Tails is on-screen and seen in a manner other than the two allowed positions during the aforementioned time, your run is invalid.

Wallzipping is not allowed.
Slope Glitch is not allowed.
Controlling Tails is not allowed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:06:41 am by SpinDashMaster »

Offline Sxdark

Re: Green Super Emerald Challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 04:41:38 pm »
Question... Super/Hyper Sonic is allowed?

Offline Telnaior

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 04:10:56 am »
You could just read the rules.

Super and Hyper forms are only allowed in specific Master Emerald challenges. Please check each MEC description for where they can be used.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 09:34:42 am »
Hmmm... interesting challenge, but very very hard! Give me some time to figure out some things.
S3K also allowed or only S3?
Oh and another thing: If Tails isn't on a flying/swimming move but also offscreen, is that legit?

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 07:16:23 pm »
To clarify on some of andy's questions:

If Tails is offscreen, the position he's in (or whatever sounds he makes) cannot disqualify you. However, if so much as one frame shows Tails outside one of the two positions, your run will not be allowed. So please take careful consideration as you make attempts.

Either version of the game is allowed.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 02:07:45 pm »
YESSS! Finally! The sounds when Tails jumped after the first checkpoint cannot disqualify me(I didn't even see him land on anything) and at any other place, he is always flying and I'm proud of that. :-)
First one to get this Emerald, even after a 17-days-break. XD
Oh, I almost forgot: S3K used, Initials are .

<Very nicely done. This is exactly what I was expecting from a submission: A coordinated effort to keep Tails left behind, rather than a direct TA. I think that when the other players realize this and employ the tactics that you and I have used, they'll then begin to succeed here. Congratulations! -SDM>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 04:55:15 pm by SpinDashMaster »

Offline werster

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 08:11:46 pm »
Yeah screw that, I just went as fast as I could. Turns out I fucked out the ramp parts but eh, whataya gonna do. Fuck my attempts to try and kill the bosses, lol. Done in 1:15,

<You got really lucky a couple times there... that said, you've shown that brute force can win here with enough patience. I think you chose the more difficult route. Still, brilliant performance. -SDM>
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 01:06:56 am by SpinDashMaster »

Offline Rusty Rom

• Diamond Smasher
  • TSC Profile
  • android chrome
  • Pro Brasilia fiant eximia
    • View Profile
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 06:43:23 pm »
S3 standalone version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn03gydn6oY

<Loved the ending with Tails - FF>
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 12:20:09 pm by flying fox »

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 01:04:14 am »
think I managed it, although tails appears very close to when I touch the wall so I could be wrong.  This was a very difficult challenge.

<Very sad to say, but you can see Tails in ball formation in the top left corner about half a second before you hit the wall, so this is not valid. :( werster~>
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 06:52:51 am by werster »

Print

Hits: 581 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.07 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.