don't click here

Major Competition Rules Update

Print

Author Topic: Major Competition Rules Update  (Read 8185 times)

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Major Competition Rules Update
« on: February 05, 2011, 05:28:55 pm »
After many months of chat discussion, forum thread killing, and filibusters by AFK people, there has been a consensus reached in our new stance towards emulation in competition. The way the rule is written now, there is virtually no restriction on emulator usage so long as everything you do on the emulator equals everything you can do on the original console. That said, this is a vague description of the new rule, and you should read it for yourself in the updated competition rules before you submit.

This rule does not void any previously submitted stats, so there is no need to check anything you've previously submitted with an emulator.

On a side note, there was also a minor revision regarding Heroes team battles that is retroactive, so if you have a stat there, please check the current ruling and see if your stat is void.

If anyone has questions, comments, complaints, or bricks, post them here and try to get somebody to care.

Offline F-Man

Re: Major Competition Rules Update
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 06:07:09 am »
I must've been out of the loop for a really long time as that's already how it used to be with emulators last time I checked

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:53:03 pm »
Except now some DC emulators, Dolphin Emulators, and anything your computer can run at full speed is allowed now.

Before you jump my skin about Chankast, try NullDC.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 01:09:42 pm »
^The rule said it was because the emulators weren't advanced enough yet, so with the fact they were, they were already allowed under the premise of the new rule, I believe that's what F-man meant.

I've been using them for awhile, I just didn't run competition on them because fuck running a 3D game with a KB without being able to use KB+M... also, I've yet to see a decent non-stick USB controller. (and for those unaware, I hate arcade sticks except for a handful of games I was arcade-trained for)
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 01:43:47 pm »
I use logitech brand joypads. They seem reliable and perform well to me.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 03:59:56 pm »
I have six broken logitech controllers that've been frakensteined into two, which broke again, got frakensteined together, and broke again, all from normal use (for me) in a six-month period.

For contrast, a standard PS2 Dual-Shock lasts about 3-6 months, my SG-Propad 6 lasted 12 years, and my Wavebird has lasted 8 years or so, but the A button is getting a little shoddy.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Print

Hits: 825 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1015.68 KB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.