don't click here

Sonic Colors Charts Impending, Possible Race

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Colors Charts Impending, Possible Race  (Read 9094 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Sonic Colors Charts Impending, Possible Race
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:04:22 pm »
The subject says it all, but I'll elaborate anyway.

1stKirbyever and I have both achieved 100% completion of the Wii game and have enough knowledge to make the charts. My biggest concern is that there is only one recorded time/score stat per level even though the unlockable option creates the need for TSC to make two for all except Game Land, bosses, and Egg Shuttle, but we'll probably use our old standby of "well you'll just have to write down your stats or memorize them". I feel like I'm tainting my records and the leaderboards if I use said option, but that's just me being strange... or maybe it's because a six-second Asteroid Coaster 3 feels really, really underwhelming.

With regards to the DS game, the only thing left to figure out there is if the Multiplayer vs. CPU stages are worth tracking. TSC precedent says yes, but we have one vocal opponent to this, so you might try chiming in with your opinion now. Charts will not be delayed just because we need an answer to this question: when one of us admins decides to make the charts, we'll make them even if nobody's answered yet, so speak up soon.

For both versions, charts should be up soon. Thanksgiving holiday gives me the 23rd, 24th, and 25th off from work and classes, so if I or another admin haven't made charts by this time, it'll happen then.

In other Colors news, this game still needs a TSC Race Night. I'm thinking of holding one for the Wii version's Egg Shuttle on the 23rd, since it'll be a week after the North American release and any later will see people miss the race due to Thanksgiving. If the DS version players want to get a race going, I'd suggest sometime on the 23rd or 24th for the same reasons.

EDIT: It'll probably happen at the usual time: 7 PM EST.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:34:38 pm by Thorn »
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Sonic Colors Charts Impending, Possible Race
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 08:29:50 pm »
Ben hates VS CPU mode because it fucking sucks too
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Ben

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 05:28:52 am »
Yeah, vs cpu levels are an abomination. They're basically just multiplayer for people who don't have anyone to play against, I don't see any reason why they should be put up on TSC.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 09:07:50 pm »
Are they trackable and do they offer competition value?

Again, we chart things that are horrible to play, so if that's the only argument... 

(That said, I have the Wii version, and so am ignorant of it...  will look up vids at some point...)
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 09:11:07 pm »
They offer competition value in the same way that being punched in the dick offers sexual pleasure - some strange deviants might enjoy it but the general populace will tell you to fuck off.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 09:41:31 am »
RPG you fail to notice that we are the equivalent of VG sexual deviants...  You tell most people to try to get things that we do, and they might try, but they'll almost certainly give up, because of the dedication involved.

Again, I'm asking if it's chartable and you don't want it because you don't want to do it, or if it's not chartable, or what.  From what you've said it's chartable and the only reason not to is because you don't find the gameplay toward the stat enjoyable.

in which case, I vote we have S06, Hereoes, and Riders removed, and have Sonic Shuffle added immediately!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 10:37:23 am »
Fuck the knicks.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 05:11:10 am »
Aita: Essentially, It's a toned down version of Rivals, just with attacks that get you whereever you are. They also don't save any times, so that's just another nail in its coffin. While it may be trackable, it'll just be too much of a hassle to have on the charts, due to long, boring and essentially trollworthy angst. See SRA Extra for further reference.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 06:55:12 am »
Since I've been incredibly busy this past week, what time will the race be held tomorrow? I've been trying to get everything done so I can join the race and it would help to know the exact time and perhaps the date depending if you decided to move it or not. Also, bump.
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 06:50:15 pm »
I can't to play Sonic Colors. From all the speed runs that I saw it looks like a very fast game. The power-ups makes the game fast to. I hope I will get both versions of Sonic Colors since I do have both a Wii and a DS.
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

Print

Hits: 879 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.07 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.