don't click here

Got a question

Print

Author Topic: Got a question  (Read 9781 times)

Got a question
« on: August 17, 2010, 06:25:43 am »
I'm not sure if this is in the right area but I'll cut to the chase.

Would it be legal to use a gamegenie or any other cheatcode hacking tool to obtain all the chaos emeralds? I want to start aiming for other things than times. And as Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles is one I want to start doing, I REALLY don't feel like going through the game, for the 50th time in my life, collecting all those dang fourth chaos and super emeralds. Tediousness is tedious, I want to avoid said tedious activity.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:36:15 am by TheUltraBlur »

Offline flying fox

Re: Got a question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 06:42:41 am »
Here:

http://www.soniccenter.org/saves/

That link will take you to savestates from some games. There's one with all 14 emeralds and I think there is one where you can collect 50 rings from the giant ring without turning super. Also I'm pretty sure using a codegenie falls under this rule:

Gamesharks, similar cheat devices, "turbo" or "autofire" features of controllers, and ROM save states must not be used, nor any functions on the emulator, such as slowing down the speed of the game.

So I don't think it is legal unlessanyone wants to correct me. :o

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 06:48:33 am »
Ah okay. I was just thinking that if it's JUST for the CE and SE's it can't be too taboo right? Meh. Thanks though.

Offline Parax

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 02:09:23 pm »
I dont see any reason why you couldn't use it just to set up your file, as long as the codes don't actually affect your runs.

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 02:11:14 pm »
Actually I made a topic about this before, the only code you can actually use without affecting a run is just infinite lives, but this was for Sonic Adventure DX.

I dont see any reason why you couldn't use it just to set up your file, as long as the codes don't actually affect your runs.

This.
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 12:31:56 am »
you only need to collect chaos and super emeralds and complete the game once, then you can use the s3k level select to change your character with out changing the number of emeralds you have.

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 01:50:48 am »
you only need to collect chaos and super emeralds and complete the game once, then you can use the s3k level select to change your character with out changing the number of emeralds you have.

Not unless you're playing the XBLA version, which I highly doubt he is.
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 04:55:46 am »

I REALLY don't feel like going through the game, for the 50th time in my life, collecting all those dang fourth chaos and super emeralds

^ This. Unless of course, I misread your post.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 05:15:29 am »
^Don't worry, fuzz is just taking the piss out of you because he can do it over and over again.

Unless you are actually playing on an old GeneDrive, you can simply import a savestate from anywhere on the net.
That or what Umbreon said.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Print

Hits: 186 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.