don't click here

Hey Paragod, could you re-upload your Pyramid Cave and Radical Highway runs?

Print

Author Topic: Hey Paragod, could you re-upload your Pyramid Cave and Radical Highway runs?  (Read 13569 times)

Offline L255J

They're "tired of naming these things.wmv" and "Raaaadiicaaaaaaaal.wmv". I know there are more recent runs of these stages, but your videos are still of really nice quality.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Paragod owns, 'nuff said.

Anyway, yeah, I'd appreciate the upload as well.

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline L255J

And crap, PoT, I'd love your Final Rush and Final Chase videos—they're also impressive—if you could record them straight from your console (as opposed to recording off of your T.V.) to get better quality footage!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:12:50 pm by L255J »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Thanks, L2.
And honestly, the quality wouldn't be that bad if I didn't have to convert them into .avi before that damn video editing software converts them into .wmv. God, there's such a big quality loss... Oh well, I can't do anything about this, I'm glad I can record them at all.

Offline Luxray

This would be better suited in PMs
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline X-5

hmmm

my old 1:55 on pyramid cave is definitely gone, I have my new 1:52 on video tape somewhere, but last time I looked for it I could not find it. I probably should look harder for it though later on, maybe you'll see it soon.

I don't think I have my old radical highway run either, but Jawzun has it and he uploaded it ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fss_7ZVGOgU&feature=channel_page ) in a compilation video of his favorite SA2B runs, the quality there is okay I suppose

Not sure why you'd wanna watch mine anyway, the quality is only average really...plus Brian's new 1:41 is waaaaaay better than my 1:45 =p

Those MP4 videos I have seen uploaded here are what you call good quality, god I wish I knew what they used to record them... it looks as good as it does when you are playing it on the tv!

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
And soon your 1:52 will be gone!

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline L255J

hmmm

my old 1:55 on pyramid cave is definitely gone, I have my new 1:52 on video tape somewhere, but last time I looked for it I could not find it. I probably should look harder for it though later on, maybe you'll see it soon.

I don't think I have my old radical highway run either, but Jawzun has it and he uploaded it ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fss_7ZVGOgU&feature=channel_page ) in a compilation video of his favorite SA2B runs, the quality there is okay I suppose

Not sure why you'd wanna watch mine anyway, the quality is only average really...plus Brian's new 1:41 is waaaaaay better than my 1:45 =p

Those MP4 videos I have seen uploaded here are what you call good quality, god I wish I knew what they used to record them... it looks as good as it does when you are playing it on the tv!

Although Brian's run is faster, there's more to a speed run than the run itself—there's presentation. Brian's run has two things against it—it's recorded off of the television instead of being a direct recording, and it's on Youtube instead of the original quality. Your missing Radical Highway run, though not as fast, was much more pleasant to watch because it had neither of those quality issues.

And as far as the Pyramid Cave run goes, your choice of "Team Rocket's Rockin'" to accompany the speed run was very nice when I last saw it!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Well, while I agree that better quality and nice sound along with it is always better, a faster run will always be better if executed properly and you get what's going on.

I have both videos saved on my computer at home. I'll have them up by Saturday when I get home.

UNRELATED EDIT: Wow, I haven't posted in so long I forgot about my sig. :P Maybe I should update it.
SadisticMystic pwns SA2 & PokeStadium.
Paragod pwns time records in SA2.
DarkspinesSonic pwns STH360 and Drift. pretty much everything
yoshifan pwns SA2B, a bit of Shadow
GerbilSoft pwns at coding... PHP stuff.
Zeup pwns at looking at my sig and overanalyzing it.
PoT/FR7 pwns Paragod at Final Rush

vintage_21 pwns... nothing :(

Offline X-5

I agree with the master of all things "Final". I would much rather watch Brian's run than my 1:45 any day, cause the time is so much better and he found cool shortcuts I would of never thought of. I can see where L2 is coming from though.

For a video camera though I will say the quality is exceptional, most of them are not even half as good as Brian's. Some flash and flicker... lets just say a lot of them are not even watchable.

And soon your 1:52 will be gone!

can you explain what you mean? are you saying it will be deleted without proof? Or ha somebody you know beat the time? If I need proof... that is another good reason to find that run as soon as possible!

And as far as the Pyramid Cave run goes, your choice of "Team Rocket's Rockin'"

ha... cool that somebody else liked that song =p I didn't think anybody would like it but I said who cares cause I like it.

vintage you'd be doing us both a favor if you upload them, just so I could have them again. I remember the 1:55 in PC really REALLY sucked, like I ran into a wall when I was holding the green key, oh man I sure can suck sometimes =p

And FR I have a question for you if you by chance check back on this topic... on your M5 score comment do you mean you will plan to have all the time records for final rush by tonight? that would be really cool if you did!

Yeah, I remember the running into the wall :P

I definitely have the Radical Highway vid, but I might've deleted the Pyramid Cave one when I downloaded the improvement, but I'm pretty sure I kept it
SadisticMystic pwns SA2 & PokeStadium.
Paragod pwns time records in SA2.
DarkspinesSonic pwns STH360 and Drift. pretty much everything
yoshifan pwns SA2B, a bit of Shadow
GerbilSoft pwns at coding... PHP stuff.
Zeup pwns at looking at my sig and overanalyzing it.

vintage_21 pwns... nothing :(

Offline X-5

I thought I only ever uploaded the 1:55? It is still the only one on the videos page. Either way we would both appreciate whatever you have.

hehe I just noticed that part.. he does, but just barely =p

by the way if you change your signature you should definitely replace me as the time master with Brian, he is a billion times better than I could ever hope to be.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
And FR I have a question for you if you by chance check back on this topic... on your M5 score comment do you mean you will plan to have all the time records for final rush by tonight? that would be really cool if you did!

No, no, no! That's more than just impossible. At then end of the day rather meant like...in the end?
I don't know, Final Rush is really difficult.

- Snagging the M3 record could be possible becauseI found a shortcut on the Chao path(which most of you may have already used but I just didn't notice because I'm stupid..)
- For M5, I will need a lot of practice. I don't even have my perfect route yet <_<
- I don't know about M2. Brian's 39:42 makes it seem so easy! I know I can copy that, but that will take a lot of time. Also, I don't really like copying someone's exact strat, but I guess I'll have to do it this time, because I totally suck at all M2s.

It's going to be even tougher for the Ring records.
- M4 shouldn't be too much of a hassle once I incorporate Brian's route. I also found a way where the backtracking from the Chao path works every time, so that will help me.
- M1 will be nearly impossible. Manipulating 6 checkpoints (!!!) is very difficult, as I wil have to go through the level, backtrack 80% of it, and the go through it again without a single mistake. That is very difficult, even though I've backtracked it once already (with death in between though). BUT! Even if I manage to do that, I'll end up with 579 rings, whereas SM has 584. Yeah, guess what, GC disadvantage. I have no idea where I should get a DC and this game from <___<
- I don't really know about M5 because I've never even attempted to ringrun it. I just hope that it at least doesn't also feature a GC disadvantage!

Not to mention that Vitor Cort_pso, Brian's brother, told me that he was going to try and beat my score records. This will be fun!

It's really nice to be in your sig, vintrage, but as Paragod said, I'm not really owning him.
Honestly said, I think we're even at this level, and I just had the luck to get a better run done that him.
If I could give you a suggestion, I would say that you change that to maybe.. finalrush7 pwns at SA2's "Final" levels?
Oh well, it's up to you, but me pwning Paragod just doesn't seem right somehow <_<

And yeah, Brian sure has some awesome times in SA2, but Paragod is Paragod, forever SA2's best Sonic/Shadow speedrunner in my eyes.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
Heh no Paragod. Hopefully that PM came through? I'll let you see that first if you've got it.

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • android chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
Hey guys, It's been a while since our last talk :D, I want so much to see your pyramid cave runs Paragod, no matter if they're not the record, I'm with PoT and L2, I think you're the best Sonic/Shadow player ever, even if you say you're not, and your videos are much better than mine, they have the best quality, and don't use checks!

And about you PoT, I think you can get my mission 2 record in no time, you're so great at this stage :), and about the mission 5 RA, I don't know if there's an advantage in DC, but SM knows something we don't, 'cause he has one more ring than the other guys.

Hahaha, Cort told you that! I really want to see what'll come out of this :D

Vintage, if you can upload the videos, It'll be awesome, I really want to see them.

It was great to talk to you again dudes :D See you later o/
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline Cort

Man, you could upload the videos of the CE (M2 and M3) Pyramid Cave (M1 M3 M5) please! because I am not able to find them! already dude!! Stay with GOD

Print

Hits: 925 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.12 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.