don't click here

Sonic Rush Adventure Extra Charts

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Rush Adventure Extra Charts  (Read 5120 times)

Offline Luxray

Sonic Rush Adventure Extra Charts
« on: April 13, 2009, 04:49:48 am »
That isn't even touching this part.

http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_rush_adventure/extra

There has been absolutely no competition here at all. There's been Thorn and I filling in our charts and a few minor skirmishes and RPG posting weird times that I continue to wonder if he subtracted the time he got at the end from the time that was given at the beginning so that it would seem like time was counting up instead of down, which is not how the charts there happen to work. But seriously, these seemed like a good idea at the start... it's just that nobody seems to care about them at all. Personally, I see it as personal 0-score-division material when I feel like it.

Okay. The charts were created...when 2005/06 even? So in 4 or so years only we have 14 players in this chart, with only 3 people (me, SkyL and Thorn) competing to an extent. Other than me trying to fill in the charts there has been no competition whatsoever in the past year or 2. Even then my times are one shot runs. Thus these charts are just random obligatory crap for the game.

Hence I propose that the Extra Charts be taken down. If you think about it in the next 10 years or so probably about 2 more (or no-one) people will submit to Extra and that's it. No competitiveness, no challenge, no point. Please do give your point of view in this discussion.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic Rush Adventure Extra Charts
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 11:19:16 am »
If you think about it in the next 10 years or so probably about 2 more (or no-one) people will submit to Sonic Rush Adventure and that's it.

Fixed.

Okay, let me play the same game here. Sonic Rush Adventure is still on the market and has a chance of gaining, as you put it, maybe two more people competing in the Extra division. It currently has 14 competitors with 300+ stats submitted to it. Sonic Jam is no longer available for sale and has a near-zero chance of gaining more competitors. It currently has 10 competitors with 68 submissions.

...hey, let's remove Sonic Jam from the rankings!

You want to remove a single division that's had way more effort put into it than an entire game gets. From my point of view, if people don't want to put in the effort to fill out their charts, you can't take away the work done by the people who do work at it. I know it seems selfish of me to say that when you're in the same boat, but laziness has never been an excuse before, and it shouldn't work in people's favor now.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 12:30:02 pm »
Sonic Rush Adventure scores will be axed before anyone ever seriously considers axing the extra divison.

In short: never happening.

Offline Ben

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 02:18:02 pm »
I brought this up ages ago in the IRC channel. My opinion is still the same, I think they should be purged.

Print

Hits: 902 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.