don't click here

New Spagonia DLC

Print

Author Topic: New Spagonia DLC  (Read 9616 times)

Offline Rolken

New Spagonia DLC
« on: March 26, 2009, 11:50:28 am »
Spagonia got the same treatment as Chun-Nan today: 250 MSP, 4 day, 2 night, rinse, lather, repeat. PS3 owners are still left in the cold. If I had to venture a guess, it's looking like we're going to be getting DLC for every zone across the next four months or so.

Spagonia and Chun-Nan DLC will be added to TSC probably once it's back on our normal server with the usual levers, which I think will be within the next couple days. It won't contribute to the game's overall rankings though, just its own leadership.

FKE is putting up some videos of the new DLC again, below Chun-Nan on the playlist.

I also recommend winding down with some old school Sonic. It's good for the soul after a long hard TA session.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 01:07:52 pm by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Re: New Spagonia DLC
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 07:01:55 pm »
It won't contribute to the game's overall rankings though, just its own leadership.

Why should it not contribute to the game's overall ranking?

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 07:04:34 pm »
PS3 users can't get it, and it's unfair to expect someone to buy a 360 and then the DLC just to compete in a game they have.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 07:07:15 pm »
PS3 users can't get it, and it's unfair to expect someone to buy a 360 and then the DLC just to compete in a game they have.

It's not said that PS3 users won't get it.
Also, didn't all of Sonic2006's DLC get rankings even before the PS3 got the boss battles and team attack amigo?

Offline Rolken

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 07:08:35 pm »
If they make a DLC for each area, that's another ~$30 and ~5GB of data required to compete in the game, and only if you own a 360. It'd ruin competing in the game for too many people.

Sonic06 DLC was added in a poor way and I don't see a reason to repeat that mistake.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 07:12:01 pm »
If they make a DLC for each area, that's another ~$30 and ~5GB of data required to compete in the game, and only if you own a 360. It'd ruin competing in the game for too many people.
That's like saying it's unfair to gamegear charts because I don't have one and would need to buy it, along with the games.

Sonic06 DLC was added in a poor way and I don't see a reason to repeat that mistake.
Well, you could simply remove these charts then.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 08:55:59 pm »
That's like saying it's unfair to gamegear charts because I don't have one and would need to buy it, along with the games.
No, it's like saying that after you buy a gamegear game you have to keep paying $3 every two weeks in order to stay competitive.

The judgment call on that front is based on what the community wants, not some divine law. I haven't seen anyone wanting DLC to be integrated, and quite a few people have indicated that they prefer it separated.

Well, you could simply remove these charts then.
Or move them around, yeah. It's on The List.

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 04:10:04 pm »
This debate sucks and is now about the awesomeness of that Old School Sonic video
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Print

Hits: 177 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.