don't click here

Mozilla firefox cerainly does NOT rock my socks.

Print

Author Topic: Mozilla firefox cerainly does NOT rock my socks.  (Read 6184 times)

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« on: May 28, 2004, 07:34:28 am »
Now, I know this has nothing to do with sonic or the site, but my old browser stopped running java. After Sprintgod recommended it in IRC, I downloaded mozilla. And unless  downloaded the wrong version (Mozilla Firefox.8) then Its terrible. You have to reapetedly press the enter key so it can get to web sites, it still doesn't run java, the advice about how to fix that problem is useless and doesn't help, and images don't appear at all. I'm positive that it's not my computer, so can anybody help me out in order to fix it? Oh, and also, it takes forever to post. I tried to post this topic like 4 times to get it working.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Rolken

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 11:09:15 am »
O_O I run firefox.8 and it doesn't give me any of those problems except for Java...

Have you been here? Merge the registry snippet it links to and Firefox should be fine with Java... dunno what to tell you about the other stuff though (at least until I know better what's going on).

But at any rate, mozilla.org makes very clear that Firefox is not yet finished or intended for a production environment, so if you're having problems you might want to switch to the main 1.6 build.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 11:09:44 am by Rolken »
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline F-Man

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 12:00:31 pm »
You use Windows 95 right? Maybe that's part of the problem, get an OS that doesn't suck.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 02:59:13 pm »
You use Windows 95 right? Maybe that's part of the problem, get an OS that doesn't suck.
Well, I have 98, It was a typo when I said windows 95.. I was thinking the same thing, but Sprintgod has Windows 98 himself, and he has no problems with mozilla firefox. So, I'll just do what Rolken says and hope that I my internet starts working to its former capacity.
Edit: Hm......1.6 is even worse. oh well, I guess a crippled internet will do.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 10:27:21 pm by blueblaze »

I HOPE YOU DO

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 05:05:57 pm »
While were on the subject of firefox problems: Is there a way to get MSN games running? It is the only thing that stands between me and being free of IE forever.

Print

Hits: 572 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1017.94 KB | Time: 0.22s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.