don't click here

Marble Zone -- new glitch?

Print

Author Topic: Marble Zone -- new glitch?  (Read 6198 times)

Offline Muzozavr

Marble Zone -- new glitch?
« on: July 05, 2010, 10:37:01 am »
Found this on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryPxjlFoJK0

Unless I missed out on something, this looks new... any idea whether it can save you time?
Proud to discover a new glitch on Sandopolis 1 as Tails

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
Re: Marble Zone -- new glitch?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 05:50:57 pm »
Looking at the TAS, the only place it even might save time would be act 2, at the end, if it was a little slower/faster, and then maybe only a second...

So I don't think so... but maybe it has other implications?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline werster

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 06:44:04 pm »
That isn't new, at all. I've known about that for years, and I'd be extremely shocked if a lot of other people didn't as well. I found no practical uses for it so yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a dead end.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 07:18:30 pm »
how do you propose saving time in marble 2? the only useful spike platform doesn't hit the ground until about the time you hit the flag.

I was thinking you might be able to go through the left boundary of marble 3, but I think the level boundaries count as a 16 pixel wall, combining that with the actual 16 pixel wall means its impossible to go through it even with maximum zipping speed.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 07:34:11 pm »
^I was thinking if other timesavers were found, it should be noted and revisited... that was all.

Also, I gave your Marble3 zip a shot or two in TAS, and can't find any possible way to break the wall... but I'm not the best at it.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Print

Hits: 728 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1013.07 KB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.