don't click here

Ghost rules

Print

Author Topic: Ghost rules  (Read 8520 times)

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
Ghost rules
« on: September 17, 2008, 12:12:19 pm »
Basically, all the uncategorized rules that appear on the section Competition Rules can't be modified or deleted. Why? They don't appear when an administrator is editing said section. Now you may wonder how do I know this information if I'm not an administrator. Well, this is because I have this. :D

Back to the subject, there are a few examples of rules that should be deleted (but can't):
- The rule for Sonic R. It just should be deleted.
- A rule for Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 ("Pressing B or C while the game is paused is not allowed."). This rule is redundant because a previous rule states that "Level select is allowed, but debug mode is not."
- A rule for Sonic 2 ("In Sonic charts, you may not use Sonic and Tails."). This rule is not valid anymore. We even have statistics that break it and are accepted as legal. But it can't be deleted.

Having into account that this is mainly a competition site and rules are very important in this kind of sites, I think this problem should be fixed as soon as possible. :(
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
Re: Ghost rules
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 03:07:42 pm »
- A rule for Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 ("Pressing B or C while the game is paused is not allowed."). This rule is redundant because a previous rule states that "Level select is allowed, but debug mode is not."
That rule exists because if you have level select on, regardless of whether you're using debug or not, pressing B/C while pressing another button (such as right on the d-pad) will advance frames and allow you to move without moving the clock. Holding down B means you can still use C to jump so you can get through the level at an unspeakably low time (like 0:00).

So that's why that rule exists.

PS: Pressing A is legal, because that'll reset to the title screen.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Rolken

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:37:18 pm »
This has been fixed.... as soon as possible, I'm sure.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Luxray

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 12:10:57 am »
Lol. Nice badge. I want one too. :(
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Print

Hits: 1,127 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.06 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.