don't click here

How did you...

Print

Author Topic: How did you...  (Read 6387 times)

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
How did you...
« on: May 24, 2007, 12:07:09 am »
Just curious but, how did you first start playing Mega-Man?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 04:41:21 pm by Rick_242 »
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
Re: How did you...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:02:01 pm »
I first started getting into them like a bunch of other titles I now own because I used to rent a lot of games when I was younger for the NES and later on when I got a Genesis.

I had played MM2, 3, 4, and 5 as me and a buddy of mine (no longer buddies) used to rent them and play them.  Bkac then he was a better player than me and would get further than me.  That never stopped me from trying to complete at least one...which I was never able to.  I came close in MM2, but when I first reached Wily's castle stage 1...it used to scare me (>_>)

The music was different to me and the atmosphere (see back then I never completed a game before and you know most of the last or later stages would consist of entirely different atmoshphere of a darker mood than the rest of the game...that concept was new for me, I hadn't beaten a game till I had gotten a Genesis and even then that took a while).  I had reached the Mecha Dragon and died...

Well when I had gotten a Genesis during the time, my NES was busted and couldn't be used so I had to move on.  Now come when Megaman Anniversary Collection had come and it came to me that I just might rekindle my enjoyment of this series and it did but on a much bigger scale than I had thought.  It really got me back into Megaman and some when I was going on the net looking at pics, reading up on other megaman titles, stories (no fanfics), and other things (music is a different story ;)).  My favorite of the classic series is MM3 and 2nd comes MM5.  My least fav is MM6 or MM8...cant really decide.

I could go into more detail about more game but that would be too long and I can get carried away with typing.

So later on it was MMX Collection as I had never played a X game before (had an encounter with one, just didn't know which one it was).  Was cool that it came with Battle and Chase...but personally they could have put Rockman and Forte instead and localized it (which I know they wouldn't have).  Then with the help of Roms I can enjoy more MM titles I had never played before...like Rockman and Forte (which is really god, but hard as hell), the Zero series, and MM: The Wily Wars (Megaman on a sega system? only in europe though).  If anything, I would like to play MM:ZX, MMPU (oh so much I would like to play this if only to play as Elec Man), and MM: Maverick Hunter X.

well thats it for me.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 12:46:05 pm »
I first got into the Mega Man series when I was 6 after getting Mega Man 2 for Christmas in 1989. It should also be noted that MM2 was the game that turned me into a gamer in the first place. Don't remember how long it took but I eventually beat it in 1990. The 4th Dr. Wily stage boss was (and still is) quite annoying. Just recently figured out how to beat it without using more than one life due to running out of ammo. When I got MM3, 4, and 5, I would beat those within a few days after getting them. Then came the X series. I remember just how impressed I was with the first X game. There was a time in the mid 90's when MM fell into obscurity in part because I was unaware of when the games were being released. That all changed with MM:AC, which along with MMZ3 fired up my interest in the MM franchise all over again. I eventually found the U.S. version of MM&B (GBA) at a Game Exchange. By 2006, MMXC Collection came out and I was finally able to play all the X games except 7. Within the Classic Series, I thought that MM3=2>4>MM&B>1>8>7>5>6. For the X series; 1>4>3>2>8>5>6. For the Zero Series (I'll include ZX here); 3>ZX>2>1>4
-My all time favorite MM games.
1. MM2
2. MM3
3. MMZ3
4. MMX: Maverick Hunter X (enhanced X1)
5. MMZX
-Notes: MMZX is a great game. Lots of depth thanks to the forms (most the guardians' moves are represented accurately, including Harpuia's tornado of death, Leviathan's ice dragon, and others) but it suffers from a vague map and quite low difficulty. MM:MHX is a wonderful remake but I was disappointed with the lack of TA options. MM:PU is also fun, with both old and new style (completely redone) levels. The VA is decent but Elec Man sounds like some kind of pretty boy. (I like to make fun of his voice.) Guts Man says something funny (involving his new personality and same low intelligence) before you fight him.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 05:49:25 pm »
I played it a bit here and there on friend's equipment...  the first one I remember HAVING was MMX4, where I fell in love with Zero being so pwn, so I went back and played all the original games...

Also, I for one believe that Zero annihilated Wily

for my thoughts on Order:

MMX4, MM2, (the rest, in some order), MMX7, MM7, MMB&C
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Print

Hits: 117 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1019.34 KB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.