don't click here

Sonic CD Score/Ring

Print

Author Topic: Sonic CD Score/Ring  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
Sonic CD Score/Ring
« on: October 03, 2013, 11:57:03 am »
Huh, I thought the ring/score were supposed to be done in the Time Attack mode+no time traveling or something.  It doesn't even say anything about time traveling which I remember there was a thread about.
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline flying fox

Re: Sonic CD Score/Ring
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:21:57 pm »
This was already talked about on irc. The rules only say to use TA mode for times, but not for rings and scores. Also somebody has already done a WW3 rings/score video on good future (not on TA mode) and got away with it, so it should be ok. I think what was said was that for rings and scores you can use any time zone you want as long as you don't time travel. I think this is because I heard that the timer changes back to 5 minutes every time you time travel or something like that. I can't see why we can't use any time zone for rings and scores anyway. I think it's about time we had this sorted out once and for all, as there has been many topics about this.

Offline flying fox

Re: Sonic CD Score/Ring
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 11:21:32 pm »
Ok so double posting to bump this topic and to clarify things:

[03:55:30] flying fox: ok last time for confirmation and I'm dropping it: TA mode for times, TA mode not needed for rings and scores and we can time travel?
[03:55:48] Thorn: that is what the rules state, so that is what I will say

* With the exception of items designed to change the timer, using any method to reset the timer to zero in the middle of a level is not allowed.

We are allowed to time travel as the timer only resets to 5 minutes not 0, so we're not breaking the general rule.

EDIT: Trust me to use post #666 to quote what Thorn said.

Print

Hits: 273 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 989.80 KB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.