don't click here

Wi-Fi with Mario Strikers

Print

Author Topic: Wi-Fi with Mario Strikers  (Read 11728 times)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

Wi-Fi with Mario Strikers
« on: August 24, 2007, 09:20:35 am »
I've made this topic because I have purchased Mario Strikers Charged since it came out and it is amazing! I love it and I would really like to face people on Wi-Fi. Does anyone here on TSC have this spectacle of a game?

Who wants to exchange friend codes for matches and such?
Or, we could even organize some sort of tournament maybe like genus did with MKDS (now that I tried it online on my friend's DS, I can see why he started one).
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Pokemonmaster888

Re: Wi-Fi with Mario Strikers
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 10:42:02 am »
I have Mario Strikers Charged. I think it is a great game, and that its Wi-Fi capabilities make it even more fun. My Mario Strikers Charged Friend Code is 043057 690401. My Mii's name is PM888.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 10:44:37 am »
It's amazing and you're right. I'll look out for you when I go online later on today and the remainder of the week. What's the best season rank you've ever gotten - I've gotten up to 1000-something? What's your total wins and losses? Are you in the US or Canada, like me? Just curious.

Here's my FC: 347999 557840
And my Mii is KnuxSonic8. :D
It looks like Knuckles, not me.
Wiiloveit

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 11:04:45 am »
I have gotten under 1000th place for my season rank before, but I can't remember the exact number. My total wins are 6, and total losses are 12. I am in the US.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 11:22:05 am »
Okay. I was just curious.

My total wins: 67
Total losses: 70

My losses don't reflect my skill accurately, though. Sometimes, the people I face are really cheap, they disconnect intentionally (it's blatantly obvious) and sometimes, my local area connection's not the best (I need to get the USB Connector from my friend) so I've had my share of disconnections on my end as well.

Who do you use the most in terms of Captains?
How far are you in terms of game progress - trophies (etc.) and the challenges?

edit:
I'm going to go and add you now, okay?
edit:
K. Added you. Add me too so we can play later on if you like.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 11:35:45 am by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 10:56:14 pm »
Eh, my friend has Strikers and I play it whenever I'm at his place, online or offline. It is great fun provided you are playing lag-free and winning. You always lose due to FSCKING LUCK. Your opponent magically gets goal(s) on you that took no skill whatsoever. Ranked should seriously be first to 3 or 4, not 2. Anyway, my overall win to loss ratio is around 4.5:1, and considering the huge amount of luck you need to win in this game, it's a wonder.

Also a tournament would be fun but I don't think many people here have Strikers, so good luck.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 12:21:21 pm »
I mostly use Yoshi as captain, because he is an all-around player just like Mario and Luigi. I like his ability and talent more though, so that is why I have him as captain. For trophies, I am currently trying to win the Striker Cup. It is difficult though. I haven't tried any challenges yet, although I will after beating every cup.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 09:20:25 pm »
I only have the Golden Foot left on the Strikers Cup and Yoshi's challenge is all I have left.

I use Petey, Peach and DK a lot.

edit:
Oh, and my Battle Record thus far is roughly, now:

Wins: 101
Losses: 110

Also, I started off w/ Yoshi but his ability got on my nerves in the later levels of the striker Cup and I could never advance further so I just gave up and chose someone else who ended up leading me to victory. :P

Oh, and Psy, 80% skill, 20% luck. That and maybe your friend faced people who are cheap.

If we DO do a tournament, I'm saying now that there will be NO SPAMMING (that being, no tricks using Toad to flip over the goalie, no teleporting past the goalie with Waluigi, Daisy or Dry Bones, etc.)

And unbelievably, earlier on this week, I made it to rank 147!!! :o
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 11:15:11 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 10:44:23 am »
No, I played on his console.

Also I don't mean luck as in your definition of "cheap". By luck I mean everybody on my team falls into the lava pits in the lava stage (the most common method of me losing) and then my opponent, with a uncharged shot from a speed character, makes a goal right past the goalie.

Now about your definition of cheap, you have to realize that everything in this game is counterable, from "Daisy Near the Goalie" to Toad Jumping. Plus Toad sucks anyway, he is easily beaten competition-wise by Boo because not only can Boo deke the goalie easier than toad, but his skillshot has SOME use. Teleport past the goalie is a common and counterable tactic, just march up to the opponent and tackle. The most important thing about this game is that you KEEP THE BALL. Never, EVER lose it without a huge fight, and when someone lobs or passes, intercept with the A button. Sometimes it can be worth giving an opponent an item just so you can get the ball.

Also my best rank was when this game was just released in the US, I got to rank 17 iirc. Yeah lol, I stayed at my friend's THAT long... we were totally into the game when it first came out and knew all sorts of tactics.

ps: If you're making the tourney with those rules, count me out... I use "cheap" tactics myself.
pss: My team is Yoshi, Birdo and Boo in front, Dry Bones in back.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 03:04:33 pm »
Heh heh. I never use "cheap tactics".
Oh, and Boo sucks, IMO. But Monty's the worst.

I have different character combinations depending on the captain I choose. I choose 2 Birdo's sometimes with a Dry Bones or a Hammer Bro. It's interchangable for me and it all depends on who I have available to pick form when someone else chooses before me in Wi-Fi.

Oh, and getting up to the 17th rank, even if it is during the time when it first came out, is still wicked nonetheless.
Wiiloveit

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 02:40:05 pm »
I agree on Monty being the worst, but Boo is by far one of the best. Easy deke through goalie and good passing is really helpful.

Heh anyway, if I had this game and a Wii, it would be mad easy to get in the top ten I bet. A lot of the noobs you fight online are pathetic. Especially if they're NS. >.>

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 11:50:43 am »
Heh heh.
I'm like 190 ATM. I have 150-something Wins now and nearly 140 Lossed.
But I've never used Boo after the first time I palyed the Strikers Cup with Yoshi and couldn't get past it. I never use Toad either.

Oh, and by cheap tactics, I'm referring to goalie dekes, just to be clear.
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 04:30:23 pm »
This is worthy of a dble post, IMO.

Tomorrow at school, during my spare, I'm going to try setting up on paper the tournament brackets and how it'll all go down. I'll edit this post when I can and it'll indicate how everything will go, and this includes rules.

So far, though, only me and PM888 have the game which kinda surprises me as it's a very successful game thus far... well, over here anyway.

Oh, and PM, I sitll can't connect to your account to finalize the Friend Codes. HAve you even gone online yet? Maybe you just didn't go online this season.

If there's anything you want to suggest, say so now.

edit:
I'm so close to the Top 50 now.

Oh, and my record:
Wins - 187
Losses - 156

Tournament set-up tomorrow. Didn't have a chance today.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 08:21:32 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 04:49:33 pm »
Here's how it'll all work. If there are any questions/suggestions/criticisms about the set-up, just let me know.

PM888, if necessary, we can have a tournament to practice: just you and me. I'd like that. Besides, it seems like noone else has Strikers ATM, so let's just have a tournament you and me. If more people join, then I'll at least know how to bracket everything, I guess.

10 Stages - 6 Gimmick, 4 Normal

SETTINGS:
- Skill Level : customizable based on player's individual skill; should be done so people know how good everyone is
- Series : 3
- Minutes: 3

RULES:
- The character you choose must be chosen for the entire tournament. (Should I scrap this?)
- No goalie dekes/cheap shots.
- Intentional disconnections (I can tell) will result in INSTANT loss
- Accidental disconnections will result in a re-scheduling of the match if a re-match isn't possible.

- Victory : 10
- Loss: 1
- Goal Bonus: +1-20 (Maximum of 20 goals for the bonus as opposed to 10.)

Exceptions:
- MATCH 9 - Sudden Death
Victory: 20
Loss: 5

TOURNAMENT PROGRESSION:
1. The Classroom

2. The Wastelands

3. The Vice

4. Crystal Canyon
-> Special Rules: NO POWER-UPS

5. The Dump

6. The Sand Tomb
-> Special Rules: SAFE MEGASTRIKE

7. The Lava Pit
-> Special Rules: SUPER CAPTAINS

8. Stormship Stadium
-> Special Rules: SUDDEN DEATH (1 Goal)

9. Galactic Stadium

10. Thunder Island
-> Special Rules: NO POWER-UPS

So, what do you think?
I added the Special Rules to add variety to the games. PM888, even if you don't have the cheats, I've unlocked all of them (yeah, I FINALLY beat the Yoshi challenge yesterday but boy was it ever frustrating to get that far - to even tie with the computer into a sudden death match).

Post away.
Whenever you're free, we can start the tournament. I'll keep track of points and wins and whatnot. You just need to be around and face me. :)

If you think I SHOULD stick with the rule that you must stick with the same character all the way through, decide on your character now (I'll let you go first). Think there should even be character restrictions (another example would be, you must use someone different every time)?

Wiiloveit

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 05:47:39 pm »
Sorry to say this, but I don't really want to play in a tournament about Mario Strikers Charged right now. Maybe you can find some other people, though. I have other things I am doing at the moment.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 05:54:04 pm »
Oh. Well that's fine. You don't have to feel "sorry". But for the record, there is noone else: apparently, noone else here has the game which strikes me.

But anyway, unless someone else wants to join, let me know when you've got the spare time.
Wiiloveit

Print

Hits: 526 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.