don't click here

Sonic 06 gems

Print

Author Topic: Sonic 06 gems  (Read 9519 times)

Offline eggFL

Sonic 06 gems
« on: January 03, 2007, 07:41:59 am »
[split from this topic]

If every once in a while sonicandamy or someone else posts one or two records without copying and pasting the whole thing, I think that should be fine. The next person can just edit them in.

(sonicandamy - I didn't add your Iblis 2 time in my post on accident, sry) :P

btw everyone, that Silver surfer glitch is some OFF THE HOOK shit. I have to wonder who came up with that. Although tbh I have no idea how to control it so I'm not TA'ing those stages.

also I had a great idea... I make a seperate save for this game in which I only get the good gems for Sonic... that way I can save time selecting them in a stage. Good idea right?? Plus I'm sure it crossed someone's mind to do this. But I might get a memory card just to do it. :P

But wait... I suppose the only necessary gems for Sonic are the blue, sky, and purple ones.

But yellow gem is good for score/ring attacking. I think.

And what about the red one. I never use it. Is it good?

the green and white ones are completely useless

If only I can make multiple saves. How would I do that?

OH I GOT IT. I would make a save with none of them and buy only the ones I need for a stage, and never save.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 10:50:30 pm by SprintGod »

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Insert Topic Title Here
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 08:55:40 am »
Red is useless. Avoid at all costs.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline eggFL

Insert Topic Title Here
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 11:19:43 pm »
actually, would it work if I didn't save? If I quit and go to trial mode will I lose my gems? I wonder.

Other than that it's a pretty good idea.

But I dunno since I think the gems are annoying to use and may not even want to bother. Oh well!

Offline F-Man

Insert Topic Title Here
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 12:17:10 pm »
OH I GOT IT. I would make a save with none of them and buy only the ones I need for a stage, and never save.
Oh god. Surely we can make a rule for this. I don't want to redo my file every time I do a different mission. :(

This is certainly not something we've ever had to do for any other game so far.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 12:30:03 pm by F-Man »

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • ^ sonicandamy-your lovable sonic rush boss leader
    • View Profile
Insert Topic Title Here
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 12:24:52 pm »
F-MAN is right, what if we need someone to supply proof and there all like... opps I deleted my file to do a different level to bad. ....bs is the making right there.
Megabyte-sized sigs can get off the internet.
-Rolken

Offline F-Man

Insert Topic Title Here
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 12:31:16 pm »
F-MAN is right, what if we need someone to supply proof and there all like... opps I deleted my file to do a different level to bad. ....bs is the making right there.
Actually, no need to delete your file, you can make a new profile. But still.

They should have kept the system where you could pause to select a custom action.

Offline sonicandamy

• The Orginal DsS
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • ^ sonicandamy-your lovable sonic rush boss leader
    • View Profile
Insert Topic Title Here
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 12:50:31 pm »
They should have kept the system where you could pause to select a custom action.

When did they ... OR why would they change that? the most be going for crappiest game of the year award ...one deadly tweak at a time.

they really need to go back and look at what they done for sonic rush, that game was molded around TSC. Its easy to control, a nice time attack were its easy to quit what your doing and start over again when you mess up (without outragous loading ... damn you sth), the only thing wrong is that they didnt includ exception and unknown boss into the bunch.
Megabyte-sized sigs can get off the internet.
-Rolken

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
Insert Topic Title Here
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 12:53:14 pm »
It shouldnt take you more than a tenth or two to flick through to the gem you want anyway, so additional save files are pretty worthless.

Offline F-Man

Insert Topic Title Here
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 01:03:46 pm »
It shouldnt take you more than a tenth or two to flick through to the gem you want anyway, so additional save files are pretty worthless.
Which is just enough to be beat by anyone using a new file, especially on short missions.

Offline eggFL

Insert Topic Title Here
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 08:53:04 pm »
If possible, that would be a very good rule. I think.

But otherwise, what would it entail to take advantage of an alternate save? If it's possible to retain gems in trial mode without saving, then all it means that you'd need a 2nd save in which you don't have your times recorded. (since you wouldnt want to save getting any gems) Or start your save over entirely in which you don't get any gems. (but that sucks since if you save accidentally, you would spoil everything)

So anyway if it works, a 2nd save would either require a 2nd save or a memory card. Memory card costs money, and having a 2nd gamertag is kind of greasy if you ask me. If you have a friend/family's gamertag like me, and who doesn't play Sonic and would agree to do it, that's good, but I don't even want to do that.

So that's just why it would be a good rule.

Offline F-Man

Re: Insert Topic Title Here
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 10:55:32 pm »
If possible, that would be a very good rule. I think.

But otherwise, what would it entail to take advantage of an alternate save? If it's possible to retain gems in trial mode without saving, then all it means that you'd need a 2nd save in which you don't have your times recorded. (since you wouldnt want to save getting any gems) Or start your save over entirely in which you don't get any gems. (but that sucks since if you save accidentally, you would spoil everything)

So anyway if it works, a 2nd save would either require a 2nd save or a memory card. Memory card costs money, and having a 2nd gamertag is kind of greasy if you ask me. If you have a friend/family's gamertag like me, and who doesn't play Sonic and would agree to do it, that's good, but I don't even want to do that.

So that's just why it would be a good rule.
2nd gamertag? There's such a thing as an offline profile y'know.

Having to restart the game constantly, or holding a dozen profiles for the best gems combinations still sounds horrible though. Sprint nicely split this topic so we can debate on this. Should we do a rule to prevent us from having to torture ourself?

Offline eggFL

Re: Sonic 06 gems
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 05:36:50 am »
Right but see the way I was going to do it was to make only one extra save that has NONE of the gems (and all of Sonic's campaign completed)... and when I'd want to TA something I'd go to the town, buy only the ones I need, and then go to trial mode and play. And when I'm done, I don't save when prompted.

I'm just not entirely sure if it's possible to bring unsaved gems to trial mode.

What's an offline profile.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 08:28:41 am »
egg that would prevent the game from saving your time/score/rings when you beat a level, I think

Also I am totally unpro this "lol extra profiles just to play with a tiny amount of gems" idea

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 12:33:28 pm »
"silver surfer glitch"

Are you referring to the "teleflinging" strategy I found in Crisis City, and documented in the 2006 competition topic? Because I thought I had found it before anyone else... can you link me if that is so? kthx.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 10:21:51 pm »
egg that would prevent the game from saving your time/score/rings when you beat a level, I think

Yes exactly.

It would be just like individual boss times in Sonic Adventure 2. You'd have to write them down or something as you get them.

Also I am totally unpro this "lol extra profiles just to play with a tiny amount of gems" idea

If we make it a rule that you have to have attained all the gems in order to compete, it will make it simple and fair for everyone. It's a good rule. But I think it should depend entirely on how easy it is to make a 2nd save for this kind of stuff. If you can make a 2nd save easily in which you can carry unsaved gems to trial mode, I would highly recommend that we allow it and use it. It's more fun and allows for better times.

"silver surfer glitch"

Are you referring to the "teleflinging" strategy I found in Crisis City, and documented in the 2006 competition topic?

Yes, I was.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 11:22:37 pm »
Right but see the way I was going to do it was to make only one extra save that has NONE of the gems (and all of Sonic's campaign completed)... and when I'd want to TA something I'd go to the town, buy only the ones I need, and then go to trial mode and play. And when I'm done, I don't save when prompted.

I'm just not entirely sure if it's possible to bring unsaved gems to trial mode.
Sounds like a plan. We should check that out.

However, if you accidentally save, you're screwed.

What's an offline profile.
The first option when making a new profile.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 10:41:09 am »
When I didn't have Xbox Live, I was asked to create an offline profile. Basically it has all of the stuff of an online profile, it's just that the online stats and other stuff aren't uploaded to the server until you upgrade it to an online profile.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 04:01:55 am »
I made an offline profile and played through Sonic's campaign until I beat Tropical Jungle which is the earliest point you can buy a gem so it seems. I saved, then I bought the mach speed gem, the quit without saving, and went to trial mode.

No gem.

So I guess the new rule is good to go. It's up to you guys.

Print

Hits: 208 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.14 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.