don't click here

Sonic 06 and Sonic Genesis release

Print

Author Topic: Sonic 06 and Sonic Genesis release  (Read 35350 times)

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Sonic 06 and Sonic Genesis release
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2006, 02:07:55 pm »
Sonic '06 is bloody amazing.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2006, 02:13:56 pm »
Sonic '06 is bloody amazing.

I call BS.

But in all seriousness, what makes you like it so much? I'm pretty much never going to own it so I want to hear as many varied opinions as possible.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2006, 02:15:17 pm »
It's good. Best Sonic 3D game since SA2. 7/10

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2006, 02:24:01 pm »
Id go so far to call it my favorite Sonic game ever.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2006, 02:34:43 pm »
Dammit, RPG, how can anybody wail on eggFL's inevitable rants when you're saying stuff like that? :(

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2006, 03:11:59 pm »
This game definitely isn't my favorite Sonic, but it's okay. Playing as Sonic feels like a hold-forward adventure sometimes and feels like there's just one route you're supposed to go, and then jumps to amazingly-broken once you get the Sky Gem or Purple Gem (hax jumping/infinite jumping, respectively). Still though, the stages have nice design to them, and I do like the mach stages and their out-of-control feeling.

Shadow's part of the game is okay, I suppose. I haven't played around with it very much, but I can stand it, unlike ShTH. :(

Silver surprised me actually. He's the character that controls the best out of all three, mainly due to his speed being the slowest. This character is probably the reason that Sega used the Havox physics engine in this game. Also, his hover technique acts like Blaze's does in Sonic Rush. His voice may be somewhat young and annoying at times, but he's definitely one of the more fun parts of the game.

There are parts that I hate and just ignore the existence of, but the parts that I like are fun and provide a good enough challenge and reason for me to play the game. This game is in between Adventure 2 and Heroes for me.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 03:44:34 pm »
fu Crow, I just like it a lot ok :(

Although I ruined the disc so I need to steal a new copy from a rental shop and switch them or something.

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 04:09:47 pm »
As I said earlier about the game being a mixed bag, I'd say its a love it or hate sort of thing.
-I'd say that of the three main characters, the game play of Sonic is the worst. Reason: Control. Of all the main characters, Sonic is by far the most likely to experience cheap deaths as the result of some cheap control problem.
-Silver legitimately surprised me. His game play was much more fun than I was expecting. The targeting for his PK is usually spot on. Smashing magma demons with cars or the bodies of their fallen comrades never gets old. He controls really well except for trying to land during a hover (most of the time its the camera's fault as opposed to the movement controls.
-As I mentioned earlier, Shadow's gameplay is fun when you're not forced in the vehicles. He also controls much better than Sonic does. I like his emphasis on heavy combat perhaps because as a kid most of the games I played (Mega Man, Contra, and Castlevania) were very combat heavy.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2006, 04:21:40 pm »
Smashing magma demons with cars or the bodies of their fallen comrades never gets old.

I concur. Or there own projectiles X)

Offline eggFL

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2006, 06:51:57 pm »
-Pros:*Decent voice acting (except Silver, Omega, and towns folk). Special props to Mephilies for sounding like a good villian.

I love Silver's voice so much. He sounds kinda 'nerdy' and an adolescent. It's so fitting. Silver is my favoritest Sonic character ever.

*The gameplay of Knuckles and Rouge. Rouge's gameplay sucks more than Knuckles' gameplay does because you have to go through treasure hunting hell without ANY radar.

Are you kidding me? Rouge's stage is so easy. And you don't need radar because they keys are placed in landmarks as opposed to random obscure locations like in SA2.

And how can you say Rouge is worse than Knuckles. Rouge is way better. She is faster and flies farther, and she has Tails bombs but unlike Tails she can throw them in air and 10 at a time. She's like Knuckles and Tails put together on crack. And she looks damn cool. She's the best. (on the other hand, Knuckles is absolutely pathetic in every regard. He has no range, he's slow, he looks lame, and he doesn't even use his knuckles to climb. Really kind of disappointing. Meh. At least he's taller than Rouge, unlike in Heroes.)

*Load times, load times, load times.

Perhaps the single worst thing about the game, really.

Yeah I saw Blaze's non-fiery-spinning-top jump in a clip where she hangs about with Silver during a boss-fight. Sucks.

She can spin in a fiery top as a replacement for Sonic's slide attack. It's awesome.

Sonic vs. Shadow vs. Silver: Shadow is hands down the best in the game.

He's exactly like Sonic but way more engaging and cooler looking. And instead of idiotic snowboarding and mach speed, he has vehicles and more normal gameplay. And his stages are generally 50% longer than Sonic's.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2006, 07:19:16 pm »
So it figures that when egg does post it's pretty much only to say things I either can't disagree with or actually do agree with. :(

I also like Silver's voice, and, having seen all the cutscenes, I have to admit that Shadow is just a much better character than Sonic now. His character development is done with, but he remains appealing because, unlike "I'm an archetypal hero" Sonic, he actually has some sort of edge, and what's great is that this edge is not just the stereotypical confused angst he had in SA2. I almost disliked the fact that they tried to get more development in with him in the form of Mephiles trying to convince him to seek revenge on the world, but Shadow didn't take even a bit of shit from him which was just awesome.

However, what I meant about Blaze's spinning top is the fact that it's her jump in Rush, and isn't in this, instead being relegated to a slide attack so that her jump is now generic, which is what sucks. I take it you've never played Rush.

Offline eggFL

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2006, 03:18:28 am »
I have Rush. But I don't like her jump in it. The top works better as a ground attack imo. It -is- effective. Sonic's slide attack is useful as it is but with Blaze it's the best. It's like mowing the lawn but with enemies instead of grass.

Print

Hits: 560 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.06 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.