don't click here

Moral questions about a certain trick in Sonic Advance 3

Print

Author Topic: Moral questions about a certain trick in Sonic Advance 3  (Read 5239 times)

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
Moral questions about a certain trick in Sonic Advance 3
« on: July 03, 2006, 12:33:19 am »
There's a certain maneuver in Nitsuja's Route 99 1 video that I question.  It's basically a double jump with boost mode added into the end.  However, considering it probably wasn't intended to have that happen in the game, I bring this up to question.

The Nitsuja Trick (which I like to call it) is performed when Sonic is the partner.  While Sonic is being held, pause the game, making sure not to hold A when you do.  Let go of R, hold A, then unpause, and presto!  Pretty simple trick.

However, the method makes me question if it should be used, though I can't see how it can be abused to an extremity.
Hi

Offline SadisticMystic

Re: Moral questions about a certain trick in Sonic Advance 3
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 12:44:24 am »
I say let it count.

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 05:20:33 pm »
I second that.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline nitsuja

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 01:05:54 am »
It didn't seem like the sort of thing that TSC tends to ban (most importantly, it doesn't prevent competition), and pause abuse on its own is allowed. BTW, it can be done without pausing, but it's riskier.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 05:24:43 pm »
I don't see why it's allowed in SAdva3 when it's not allowed in S1-3&K... I am with Quartz on this, because otherwise I could drop my Death Egg a number of seconds with both characters, and a great deal more changes than that, as well. this is because I could pause to check position and frames and the like, and jump just as I left, if I needed.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 08:01:56 pm »
Pressing buttons in a paused game doesn't do that in the classics.  What it does do is let you play in slow motion, and with the clock permanently stopped (provided you've entered the level select code).  This makes 0:00 completely trivial, which is why you don't get to do it there.

Print

Hits: 159 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.17s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.