don't click here

Problem with guide submission.

Print

Author Topic: Problem with guide submission.  (Read 5253 times)

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
Problem with guide submission.
« on: April 12, 2006, 08:27:49 am »
I've tried to add a guide to Sonic Riders, but the content shows up as -.  Not only that, but apparently someone else had the same problem.  Some sort of Syntax error or something...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1

If I were to blame anything, it'd be that I'm trying to submit this without any classifications, but the guide would apply to both Time Attack and Races...  That's where the conundrum lies...
Hi

Offline SadisticMystic

Re: Problem with guide submission.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 01:17:59 pm »
Your guide is stored in the database properly.

The problem, believe it or not, was that the URL parser isn't getting the guide numbers right for guides that have three-digit numbers, and the 100 mark has just been crossed.

Your guide (along with its duplicate) shows up without you needing to do anything.  Should the duplicate be deleted?

Offline Rolken

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 01:19:34 pm »
Three digit problem fixed. One of the more bizarre bugs I've seen on TSC; I'm still not quite sure why it only breaks three digit guide numbers.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 03:56:57 pm »
Your guide is stored in the database properly.

The problem, believe it or not, was that the URL parser isn't getting the guide numbers right for guides that have three-digit numbers, and the 100 mark has just been crossed.
Heh.  Easier than typing one hundred.  Other than that, I didn't understand most of what you said.

Your guide (along with its duplicate) shows up without you needing to do anything.  Should the duplicate be deleted?
Yeah.  I only did that to copy the error message.

And thanks.
Hi

Print

Hits: 583 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1006.00 KB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.